1

After years of torment, Frank was finally done. He'd been beaten down, spat on, and broken so many times, no tape or glue could ever fix him. So he did what anyone in his position would do, he listened to himself, and he swallowed the pills. Some would say it was because of the voices, but no one knows anymore, not even Frank himself.

However, things didn't go the way he planned. After his failed suicide attempt, everyone had, had enough.

And by everyone, it meant his mother.

Frank knew that his mother was sick of baby sitting him. She was sick of having to pay people to watch over him all the time, and pay for medication. He couldn't help it though. He of all people wished he didn't have the stupid voices. He wished he could be normal, live a normal life, but that idea would never be possible.

See, when Frank was born, everyone knew there was something off about him. He never paid attention when people would talk to him, and it was like there was always something else he would focus on. He never got along with anyone, because talking to people scared him. Well actually, people in general scared him. So he never socialized with people. However, one person could always get Frank to talk, and that was his brother, Tom. They were best friends.

Tom was the opposite of Frank. He wasn't popular, but he had a way with words, and talking. No matter who you were, or what you thought of when you first met Tom, you will soon fall in love with him after having a conversation.

Tom understood his brother, he was the only one who did. And Frank understood Tom too, he was the only one who knew about him, and his problem.

Tom hated life. He hated everything, and everyone, and even himself. He wanted to die, and he finally got his wish.

Frank walked home alone that day because Tom said he had a head ache, and so mother had let him stay home. But little did Frank, or anyone else know.

Frank returned to a quiet house, and when he walked into their room, that was when his world had stopped. Everything right then and there shattered, and fell to the floor in broken pieces.

That was when the voices started.

There wasn't much at first. It was just constant paranoia, but it soon got worse. He wouldn't sleep for days because of the nightmares he would have.

The nightmares were almost always the same. Frank would be walking in a meadow, and it was a beautiful one too. There were flowers, and the sun would be shining. But the sky would soon turn gray, and the clouds would cover the sun, and the flowers would wilt and die, and lying on the ground in front of him was Tom. He would bend down and try to touch him, but each time he did, the distance between him and the body would grow wider and wider, until he couldn't see the body anymore, and the meadow disappeared, and he was back in his room, the image of Tom, hanging from a rope attached to the ceiling, in front of him. He would try to leave the room, but the doors would be locked, so he would have to sit in that room, trapped with his dead brother for days, months, years.

He hated this nightmares even worse then the voices.

The voices. They weren't always constantly there. He could be perfectly normal for one second, but have a fit the next. The voices attacked whenever they wanted to. They would tell him that he could've done more, should've done more to save his brother. "If only you would have told somebody.", they would say to him.

And so Frank had it. He went to his mothers room and grabbed a bottle of sleeping pills, swallowing all of them. There must have been at least twenty five of them. He had to be at the hospital for a few days before he got sent to the mental facility, but they all knew it was coming, even in Franks hazy state, he knew. He knew that this was basically his mothers way of saying, "Goodbye, and I hope we never have to meet again."

Frank was suicidal, the charts said. Frank was a schizophrenic. Frank was crazy. Frank was moving in to the psych ward across the country.