His Omission of Honor

Withered eyes of rusty gray ascended over the cracked and disheveled rock of the statue. His haggard steps eventually brought him to the perch of the stone as he braced a scarred palm against its crusted marble. The male's head lowered, his face tightening, before finally looking up once more at the stern face of the great warrior. What came out of him seemed to dry heaved from a rusted door, as he coughed out a low burst of laughter. Wheezed coughs unending as he nearly lost his breath, before finally, the worn-out voice of the man slit through the dry air as he tilted his head to the side with a deranged grin.

"How is it...?"

A pained chuckle whisked through his grit teeth stained in his own blood, "your... peace..." His head shook in rage with every word. "How are father and mother, hmm? Are they well? Our Grandfolk, our cousins.. hell that forsaken paramour of yours..!" He gave an empty laugh yet again as he threw a hand through his dirt-stained locks of former pearl white. " Are you all... heh, enjoying your final place of sanctuary.." The man kept his crazed stare toward the warrior above, his grin quivering as his sockets shook in a near-feral rage before he seemed to take a composing breath. Sliding his hand away from the statue in accordance with the man's fallen gaze in defeat.

"Without me..?"

He shook his head as if doing so could wake him from this insufferable nightmare. "I gave.. my soul.. for you, this kingdom, our Lineage." He stared up, chuckling. "All too literally... Heh, only to find that I was merely too late. And what's worse! I fought— Right, By your bloody side, sister, didn't I!" He pointed his finger as he stepped forward, yelling his already tattered throat hoarse. "And they.. these filthy mongrels DARE honor you without a single token of tribute to me?!!" Promptly falling into a slew of painful hags and coughs until he gathered himself with A raspy breath to fill his holed chest. The male continued, staggering over his speech as if he held half a life. "Everyone saw me on that horse next to you on our push into battle, SAW my blade rise to the air next to yours as our troops drew forward, it was I! Sister, Who gave it my utter all to return from the grasps of death itself in order to save our people, our brethren, everything..." The hard clank of metal hitting stone would echo across the deserted city rubble like thunder.

"So why..."

He struggled to take a swallow down his burning throat. "Why, sister... am I here.. My name forgotten, my body withered, and my very soul within custody outside my own.."

"After all I've done...Why did you let this happen to me....?"