Oᑎᗴ

"Aria!" I heard from above me, "Wake up! You're going to be late if you don't wake up now," I opened my eyes slowly to see my mom standing above me. "Finally," she says, "Hurry up and get ready. Your new school uniform is in your closet," She left, closing the door behind her.

Uniform?

I got up and walked over to my closet. Sure enough, there it was. It was a red skirt with a black polo shirt. I sighed and put it on. I looked at myself in the mirror. I didn't like what I saw. I hated the way the shirt showed my chest and how the skirt showed my legs. I huffed and went to pack my things.

I'd known I was a boy for a long time now. I've told some of my friends from my old school and they supported me. However, after I told them I moved and hadn't seen them again. We have a group chat but since school is starting back up we haven't been able to talk much. I sighed as I finished packing up and went into the bathroom.

I decided to just brush out my hair and part it down the middle like I usually do. My mom never let me cut my hair too short. Said it was because I was a "little lady" and should have long hair. I hate when she says things like that. The only thing I've ever had "control" over was my clothing style. Even then she never lets me buy anything from the "men's section" or will make side comments about her wishing I was girly.

I got downstairs and began to pour myself some cereal. My mom came downstairs soon after and gasped slightly.

"Aria!" she said. I cringed slightly at the foreign name. A name that wasn't mine. "Your hair!"

"What's wrong with my hair?" I asked.

"It's just-" She didn't finish her sentence but instead came up to me and put it in a high ponytail with a hair tie she had on her wrist. I sighed. I decided to not say anything, instead going to eat breakfast.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

We finally got to the school and my mom dropped me off. I walked through the school gate and saw different groups of people standing with each other. I sighed and decided to sit against a building.

Suddenly, someone came up to me. She had long, dyed hair that was hanging freely at her shoulders. One side was blue and the other was black.

"Hi, I'm Layla," she introduced herself. I was curious as to why she was talking to me so I responded.

"Hey," I said, "I'm...Aria," I paused slightly before my "name." It sounded so wrong to say it but I knew that she would look at me like I was crazy if I said my real one. She looked a bit confused but shrugged it off and sat down.

"So," she said, "what brings you here?"

"Oh, you know, fights, anger issues, the usual." She smiled a bit.

"Sounds like you had fun at your old school,"

"You can say that," To be honest. When I said that I thought she would get up and make up some excuse to leave. No one wants to hang out with a "delinquent." But instead, she stayed and we continued talking like it was nothing.

We continued to talk until the bell rang signaling that we had to get to class. We both stood up and as I was about to ask if she could show me where my class was she spoke.

"Who do you have for first period?" she asked. I pulled out my schedule from my skirt pocket (that was the only good thing about this uniform) and handed it to her.

"Hey we have second and third together!" she pointed out, "Come on, I'll show you where your first period is," she said as she walked away. I had no choice but to follow her. She seems cool.

Maybe this school won't be so bad after all.
.
.
.
----------------------
~682 words~
Hi! Author here. I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter of this book and will continue to read this!
-Author