Chapter 4

Genya’s POV
Though that new family showed up and one of them is in my grade. He seems really nice at least so far. I thought about talking to him but I remember my brother’s advice. ‘Don’t talk to anyone you might not be able to trust.’ I shouldn't just talk to him when he probably heard about my brother and me. I couldn't help it though and walk towards him.
He introduced himself and smiled so brightly. His name is Tanjiro and I found myself smiling more. I soon told my brother about the new family and their names, which I learned from Tanjiro. I'm glad Nemi didn't ask how I knew their names. I continued on with my job and school, and I also continued to talk with him. Tanjiro was really kind and didn’t seem to care about rumors. He stuck by me and Muichiro, which was really nice.
He also had two other friends named Inosuke and Zenitsu. They seemed cool but Zenitsu was really wary of me. He barely talked to me and seemed quite scared, which kind of hurt but I should be used to it. Inosuke was very loud and brash, he wasn’t scared of me and even tried to fight me. It took a lot of Tanjiro’s reassurance to calm him down.
After a while, Zenitsu had calmed down and Inosuke stopped trying to fight me. I had new friends, just the five of us. I thought about how I’d tell Nemi. I knew that he’d be worried for me in his own way but eventually he’d come around. I know it hurts him that things are this way even though he doesn’t let it show.
Instead, he just puts off an angry persona, I can’t judge him about that though. Then I thought of a good idea. What if I invited Tanjiro and his family over to meet my older brother? As long as they would be comfortable with that. Tanjiro didn’t seem like he believed in the rumors and is an amazing person.
So I am not too worried about it, and if he is this nice, his family can’t be that bad? Well, that is what I hope. When I got home I went straight to Nemi’s room to ask if I can invite them over. I will need good reasoning because he is quite stubborn. I knocked and he said to come in. He seemed a bit grumpy but that was usual for him. I walked in and sat on the edge of the bed.