Chapter 11

(curse warning)

Sanemi’s POV
After a while, we finished eating and I ordered some alcohol. Just different things, like beer and wine. Whatever. I have no idea what kinds of drinks he likes. Once the drinks arrived, I grabbed the beer and started drinking. He grabbed some wine and sipped on it, but then I pushed a beer to him.

“Let’s get fucking wasted.”

I could tell he sighed but picked up the drink anyways. We both cheered, him way more quietly though. Then we drank more. After a few rounds, we were definitely feeling the kicks of alcohol. Our faces were flushed with redness from the booze. It was a great feeling though, plus we even got more comfortable. He moved over so we were sitting side by side.
I ordered another round and cheered once again. I honestly don’t remember the last time I drank this much or had this much fun. Giyuu was so much more chilled out now and I wasn’t freaked out about the mafia idea at all now. If anything, the only thing I'm really focusing on is him. He looks so marvelous. Then the next thing I knew, he kissed my cheek.
I didn’t know what to do, my face was so flushed. He got quieter after that and I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t want to make him feel uncomfortable. We were both really embarrassed and I got pissed off by that. Then I spoke up.

“Let’s be more than they believe. Let us be more than they ever imagined…”

He then tilted his head over and leaned in close. Our breaths mixed as the space between us got shorter until there was no space. The kiss was a bit sloppy and fast but it was addictive. So much so that I leaned in once more for another but his phone went off. He left in a hurry and I had to take a taxi home.
I sighed in disappointment but dealt with it. The next morning I woke up in my bed with a terrible headache. So I slowly got up and headed into the kitchen to get some water and medicine. Genya was already there with some water for me and then I grabbed the medicine. Afterward, things were calm, Giyuu and I didn’t talk about that night as weeks went by. I didn’t know what to fucking say. We were both drunk and who knows if he actually likes me or not.
Plus did I even like him? Yeah, I do… I can’t deny it but life is so much more complicated now. Especially since I joined the mafia. When I first met some of the others it was a bit crazy. Tengen seemed genuinely surprised that he had even found someone to join. Shinobu seemed to tease him about it but then threatened me if I ever hurt him.
Obanai was chill and I get along with him and we bother Giyuu just a bit. Nothing serious or cruel. Kyojuro is quite loud but he keeps the whole mafia thing feel lighter. It almost feels like a whole new family now. By the time I knew it, it had been a whole month since I joined. Genya still works and goes to school, not knowing about my secret job. Tanjiro and Nezuko definitely don’t know about Giyuu being in the mafia either. It is better this way.