prolouge

It had been five years

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

It had been five years. To her it wasn't even five seconds. One minute she had been on the phone with her love, talking as if it would be the last time she would be able to speak to him. She was to say the things that she never could before she was pulled away and thrown back by an alien. He had crushed her phone, instantly ending the call. 

The energy she threw at the tall creature caused him to stumble back enough for her to give Shuri more time on Vision's mind stone procedure. A deep pit of anxiety was blooming in Y/n's stomach. It wasn't the first time she had been in a fight, but it was her first one against an alien army after her best friend's lover. 

The alien stood quickly and charged towards the woman, slamming her through the glass window and down she fell rolling down the side of the tall structure. Tears stung her eyes as she felt pain throughout her whole body. She rested at the bottom of the building, clutching herself in pain. 

Thor had entered Wakanda and was taking out majority of the army. Through her earpiece she could hear cries for her help from Wanda. Being her closest friend, she ran to her and helped her push through the tough choice to destroy the stone herself. Y/n held back Thanos while Wanda destroyed it, pushing everyone away from the explosion. Y/n was knocked out and opened her eyes to see panic. 

Something went wrong. Did we just lose? she asked herself. Her friend beside her was at Vision's corpse holding him tightly when her body began to become dust. Y/n called out for Wanda as if she was playing a joke on her. Y/n rushed to her feet and frantically turned around to see it happening to everyone else. 

"Steve?" She called out for the Captain. 

When he began to make his run for her, she too began to slowly disappear. Her chest tightened, throat closed up. It felt like a wave of running water rushed against her brain at the realization she too was dying. Without even getting to say goodbye to Marc. Or Steven. There was so much she wished she said to him. She wished she was back with him after everything he just went through. 

He was going to be all alone without anyone there to help him. He had only just became the Moon Knight not long before she had to leave. She knew it scared him sometimes. That he needed someone to confide in. That someone being her. 

The two had vowed just before their separation that when she returned, they would marry. After everything they had gone through together, it just felt right to them. As if it were meant to be. He promised to have everything set up for her return. Get a ring, set a court date to make it official. 

With a loud sniff, a river of tears beginning to drown her cheeks, "I'm not ready to die." She was gone. 

It felt like tornado the way she opened her eyes and seeing her surroundings look so similar but so different. She looked and saw people she watched disappear come back the way they went. Turning around she saw Wanda on the dirt ground clutching nothing. Vision's body was gone.