Don't Touch That Dial [2]

On stage in town square, a couple were showing off their collective magic tricks

On stage in town square, a couple were showing off their collective magic tricks. The woman in a one piece that sparkled in the light glimpses of the sun under the gazebo while her husband wore a dated tuxedo. Geraldine watches from behind the curtain in awe, she hugged her clipboard tight to her chest. 

"Glad I don't have to follow this guy!" She talks to herself but doesn't fail to catch Y/n's attention from her frantic pacing. Steven was late, meaning that Marc was making them both late, and she had no clue as to where they could be. 

"Huh? What?" She stops in her tracks and give Geraldine a look of concern. It wad not the right choice of words for her anxious state. 

"Oh, but he's gonna be great," Geraldine fails to relax her nerves as Y/n begins to pace yet again. 

"What time is it now?" 

"Two minutes after the last time you asked." 

"I don't know where he could be!" Y/n exclaimed, throwing her hands up. 

A staggering man with his head hung low staggers to find his way to the back of the stage. His disheveled appearance gave the impression of being heavily drunk. 

"Oh, is that him?" Geraldine points at the man with judgement, seriously concerned that Y/n married a drunk. Y/n turned to follow her finger to see her husband barely propping himself up against the gazebo. She lets out a gasp and began to go over to help him walk properly. 

"Well, it looks like he's got a little hitch in his giddy-up." Geraldine comments. 

Even with the help of his wife he stumbles his was up the stairs.  

"Woah!" 

Y/n still had no idea which of her husbands were fronting at the moment. With no confidence, he misses a step and nearly stumbles onto the floor. If it weren't for Y/n, he would be face first into the wooden floor. Geraldine lets out a gasp of surprise before he holds up his thumb to show that he was fine. 

"Y/n, my little scarab, you look smashing!" It was Steven fronting, "Woah..." he struggles to keep himself up straight. 

"Stevie." Y/n's tone was stern but with the use of his nickname it came off less aggressive and more concerned. He hums a little response, too afraid if he spoke at the moment he could be sick everywhere. "Where have you been?" 

"Oh. Uh, well, the boys and I were playing a rather thrilling game of cabbage. No, that's not it. Uh, damn it I forgot." Stevens voice slurred. 

"Listen, something strange happened with Dottie. Well, something strange happened before that, too. It's hard to explain." Steven didn't appear to be listening to her very much. The previous performers, the magicians, walk side by side as the man shuffles through the deck of cards he had just used in his act. 

"I was just playing with his cards!" Steven interrupts his wife and points past her shoulder to the other couple. 

"What is going on?!" she asks incredulously.