Chapter 2

Kimiko's P. O. V:

The sun is shining brightly as Kakashi and I walk towards the open green gates of the Hidden Leaf Village a few days later. It was the middle of the afternoon and birds were chirping.

"It feels good to be home after that mission," I say, breathing in the crisp air.

"Hey, you two!" We look to see Kotetsu waving us over. Kakashi and I approach them.

"Hey," I greet lazily.

"How was the mission?" Izumo asks, leaning his elbows on the desk.

"A success," I say.

"As expected from the Sharingan Duo," Kotetsu says, nodding his head.

I deadpan as I mutter, "Why do you keep calling us that?"

"Well, everyone started calling you that since Tsunade sent you on lots of missions together these past two and a half years. I guess we sorta caught on, too," Says Izumo, holding out his right hand.

I blow at my long bangs only for them to fall back into place.

"Whatever. Let's just give Tsunade the report so I can go see Kiba-kun," I say as I turn on my heel and start for the Hokage tower. Kakashi chuckles and waves to the Chunin as he quickly catches up to me.

I take my time getting to the tower. When I get there and enter, Kakashi and I go up to Tsunade's office. Stopping outside her door, I knock on it lazily.

"Enter!" Calls the Senju Princess. I open the door and close it behind us before joining Kakashi at the desk. Tsunade sits behind it as Shizune stands beside her with Tonton the pig in her arms. "You're back. How was the mission?"

I lean some weight on my left leg as I let Kakashi take over from here, telling Tsunade about Ryo's death, and the surrender of his gang who are in Blood Prison by now.

Tsunade seems pleased when the silverette finishes, nodding her head. She steeples her fingers as she says, "Excellent work, you two. I'm glad your teamwork has been improving a lot these past two and a half years. You've even gained a name for yourselves."

I sigh in exaggeration as Kakashi says, "So we have."

"Alright. Kakashi, I'm giving you the next few days off because I get the feeling Naruto will be back soon. I need you to be ready for when he does return," Says the caramel eyed woman.

Kakashi nods his head in understanding. "Very well, Tsunade-sama."

"As for you, Kimiko," Tsunade continues, gaining my attention. "I have another mission for you."

"Let me get this straight: he gets the next few days off work to laze around and read porn all day, while I have to keep working my butt off? How is that even fair?!" I complain, ignoring Kakashi spluttering when I said the word porn.

"It's not porn, Kimiko! It's literature!" He defends, flustered. "Filled with romance and a really intriguing plot."

Tsunade clears her throat as she says, "Whatever he chooses to do, I'm giving Kakashi the time off to prepare for Naruto's return. You, Kimiko," Here she sends me an annoyed glare, "are still doing missions because you're not a team captain like Kakashi. You'll still be going on missions until Naruto gets back, is that clear?"

I sigh, folding my arms over my chest, "Fiiinneee. If you insist, Tsunade-sama. What's the mission?"

Tsunade then proceeds to explain the mission to me.

                   🗡🗡🗡

I trudge my way out of the Hokage tower with Kakashi as I grumble, "I swear that woman is trying to get rid of me. It's been nothing but mission after mission."

"I'm sure that's not it, Kimiko," Kakashi tries to reassure me.

"Really? Then why does she keep sending me out of the village so much?" I retort with a raised blonde eyebrow. Kakashi could only shrug his shoulders. "I rest my case." I sigh.

"Good luck on your mission, Kimiko," Says Kakashi. "I'll see you when you get back." He ruffles my hair affectionately, much to my irritation, and walks off while waving.

I scowl after him as I fix my hair.

Then I head in the direction of Team 8's training ground in order to get my team for my next mission.

"It's just not fair that he gets time off but I have to keep working," I grumble to myself. It wasn't that much longer till I reach my destination. I pause and gaze around. "Where are they? Tsunade said they'd be here..."

"Target locked on," Says a voice from right behind me. I go still as I feel their warm breath on the back of my neck. "Initiate restraining!" I whirl around only to find myself pinned against a tree, my arms pinned by my sides. I let out a startled gasp.

"K-Kiba-kun!"

He chuckles, leaning closer. "Gotcha, Kimi-chan!" He gives me his signature toothy grin as a large white ninja hound stands beside him, long tail swishing happily. "Wasn't expecting for you to be here."

"Well, I... I came because..." I trail off as Kiba leans in closer and presses his lips to mine. My breath hitches in my throat but then I was returning the kiss. Kiba slides his arms around my slim waist as I wrap mine around his neck.

My knees threaten to buckle as he keeps kissing me. Kiba presses his fingers against my tailbone and tugs me forward roughly. I let out a gasp but I liked it. I actually like it when Kiba gets rough with me and he found that out only last year.

I freeze when a couple of giggles reach my ears. I almost forgot that Kiba and I weren't alone!

Kiba pulls back and we look to see Shino, Hinata and Kurenai. The red eyed woman was smiling widely at us.

"Having fun?" She asks. My face burns at that. Kurenai hasn't really changed much these past two and a half years.

I clear my throat as I push Kiba away and say, "There is a reason I came out here and it wasn't to make out with you, Kiba-kun

I clear my throat as I push Kiba away and say, "There is a reason I came out here and it wasn't to make out with you, Kiba-kun." I give him a stern look. "I was sent by Tsunade. The four of us have a mission."

Kiba exchanges glances with Shino and Hinata. "A mission?" Hinata echoes. Her dark blue hair has grown down to her waist and she wears a purple and cream jacket over a mesh shirt. Shino doesn't look much different as he's still covered head to toe.

Kiba had gotten taller and dons a leather jacket instead of his fur lined one. He has a mesh shirt under that and black Capri.

Akamaru has grown right to his waist and is big enough for two people to ride on

I nod my head. I tell them, "Yeah. We leave in half an hour. So pack your things and I'll explain everything on the way."