Chapter 51

Kimiko's P. O. V:

We reach a forest clearing near the border and sit around each other.

Kakashi says, "Shikamaru, let's hear your plan first."

"Now that you have joined, I want to change the plan a bit," Says the Nara.

"I got it. Please explain."

"I will explain by dividing it into several scenarios. Make sure all of you listen carefully." Shikamaru takes out a small syringe and hands it to the silverette. "Kakashi Sensei, take this... please use it when there's an opening. I'll let you keep it."

"I got it," Says Kakashi as he gazes at the syringe. "I'm impressed at how much you observed about your opponent from just one encounter."

Shikamaru says, "But the other one's power is still unknown... that's the plan I developed with the limited information I had. After you memorise the plans, simulate them in your head three times or more. The success rate of the plan highly depends on whether or not you do image training."

"Yes," Choji says.

"Okay!" Ino and I say. Shikamaru flips the lid of the lighter before clutching it tightly.

"Okay. Let's go," Says Kakashi.

"Yes!" Says Ino as we all rise to our feet.

Shikamaru says. "First, we need to find their trail."

"Trail... I get it. You're saying we need to find the path between the Fire Temple and the collection office," Says Choji.

Ino adds, "You're saying we're going to find their footsteps and scent there."

Shikamaru utters as he puts away the lighter, "Well, I don't think that will be easy..."

"Let's hurry," Says Kakashi. We agree and move out.

I do hand signs and say, "Crystal Release: Midnight Crystal Wolves." Three wolves of crystal appear and I pout yin chakra into them to make the wolves living and breathing. They sniff the ground for the enemy's scent.

We reach a barren clearing near the Fire Temple. After a moment, my wolves whine when they lose the enemy's trail. I make them disappear as Kakashi announces, "As expected, the trail can't be found due to the rain. So, what are we going to do?"

I say, "Either way, we can't do anything until we find our enemy."

Choji says, "I remember they said they'd be right back. But obviously, they won't return to the same place."

Ino says with a glance at the Nara, "The second team should be monitoring the collection office...!"

Shikamaru says, "The one that yells a lot is fine, but there's the other guy... I bet they will use a different route, but they have only one destination. Where they are going after Asuma's corpse for the money or they are after Naruto, their destination is the Hidden Leaf Village!"