Chapter 85

Kimiko's P. O. V:

The next morning, I walk towards the training grounds to train, only to see Kiba coming out of his Wolf Fang Over Fang Jutsu. He hits the ground and groans as Akamaru whines and goes over to him.

"Damn, it didn't work," Kiba complains as he gazes at his hand. Akamaru whines. "I know. I have to find some way to power up."

"Morning Kiba-kun!" I call, waving, causing him to look around to me. "Busy training?" I stop before Kiba as he looks down sadly. "What's wrong, Kiba-kun? You don't look like your usual self."

Resting his arm on his net knee, the Inuzuka replies while turning his head away, "It's just... I've gotta find a way to become stronger. Stronger than Naruto."

I blink my eyes as I repeat, "Than Naruto?"

Kiba says, "When we started out together, we were both just kids. I can't let him get any further ahead of me!"

"Kiba-kun..." I murmur softly, trailing off.

"Wait—I know!" Here, the Inuzuka whips his head around to me with a wide grin on his face. "Kimi-chan, do you think you can help me out?!"

"Huh?"

Kiba jumps to his feet as he says, clenching a fist, "Since Kurenai hasn't been able to, you're the only one I can rely on now, Kimi-chan!"

"Ruff ruff!" Akamaru barks in agreement. "Ruff!"

"Hm..."

"Come on, please! You know Naruto's strength better than anyone, right?" Kiba begs.

"You're right about that. He is my best friend, after all," I say with the backs of my hands on my hips.

"Excellent!" Kiba exclaims.

I create a crystal kunai to cut my thumb and do hand signs as I say, "Alright! I'll help you out! Summoning Jutsu!" I finish the signs and thrust my gloves hand on the ground. With a large poof of smoke, all of my wolves appear, including Takara, Kyou, Satoru and Luna, Fang with Arielle biting Kiba's chest to stay attached to him while she has a scroll strapped to her back. Meanwhile, the other wolves have their jaws clamped around Kiba's arms, legs and on his stomach, while Jet has attached himself to Kiba's back. Kiba gives me an incredulous look. "I'd love to stay and help you out, Kiba-kun, but I've got my own training to do! I'll leave to these wolves to spar with you!"

"That's not cool, Kimi-chan!" Kiba calls in frustration as I turn to head for another part of the forest, waving my hand over my shoulder. "This isn't real training!"

As Akamaru barks in agreement, I don't need to look to know that Jet has bitten down harder on Kiba's right arm and Scar his left, while Takeshi does the same to the back of Kiba's head, causing him to cry out in agony.

I reach another spot and start with some swordplay, even practising wielding my katanas backwards. I do an hour of sword training before I practice with my Tessenjutsu, thrusting my fans up and to the side while occasionally snapping them open.

I'll go back and check on Kiba afterwards.

🗡🗡🗡

When I finish training, I go back to see how Kiba's doing.

I gaze at the white wolf as she is slumping slightly and Kiba tosses the scroll up and down in his hand, a triumph grin on his lips. I ask the purple eyed wolf, "Well, well, he got you didn't he, Arielle?"

"Yeah," She sighs, hanging her head in shame.

Kiba chuckles.

I say as I give my boyfriend a proud closed eye smile, "Kiba-kun, you did well." Kiba tosses the scroll back to Kilala before he laughs joyously.

Kiba runs up to me and picks me up in a hug by my waist, still laughing which causes me to giggle too, my hands braced on his chest.

Kiba's lips meet mine in a passionate kiss.

"Don't look, dears!" Arielle scolds her three cubs while the others look away out of respect. I've no doubt she's covering their eyes.

"But Mum! We wanna see!" Kyou complains.

"It's not for children!"

Kiba and I continue the kiss for a few more heartbeats before he finally releases me, both our faces flushed.

Kiba says gratefully, "Thanks, Kimi-chan! How about we go on a date tonight?"

I nod as I say, "Sure! Sounds good."

With that, Kiba takes off running with Akamaru barking happily behind him.

"Thanks again, Kimi-chan!"

"Ruff, ruff!"

Waving, I call, "No need to thank me!" My voice becomes softer as I put my hands on my hips. "I didn't do anything. I mean, I wasn't even here." I glance to my wolves. "Care to tell me what went down?"

Arielle explains, "At first, Kiba was struggling and decided to quit. So I mocked him about not being worthy enough to be your boyfriend because he's too weak, which infuriated him even more, but he came back after awhile. That time he used an enhanced version of Wolf Fang Over Fang and used his... well, Akamaru used his urine to keep track of us. In the end, he managed to get past my Foresight and get through Shin's Genjutsu so he could steal the scroll. I also forgave him and took back what I said about Kiba not being worthy of you."

I say with a proud smile, "I knew her succeed! Great jobs, guys!" I perch on a log and keep my wolves here for awhile longer, with Luna curled in my lap. The other wolves are lying around and Scar and Akai are standing on the other end of the log.

Suddenly, Fang looks up with a gasp of realisation.

Scar asks, "What is it, Fang?"

The black wolf says, "Earlier, Kiba said he was gonna become a fool... I wonder if he meant that he wanted to be more like Naruto?"

I exchange glances with my pack before we burst out laughing. I say knowingly, "No, he'd never say that. After all, even Kiba-kun has his pride!"

🗡🗡🗡

The next day, while Kakashi was reporting to Tsunade about the war preparations, he'd received an emergency summons by Guy and immediately went to help out his friend, only it had turned out to be a false alarm because Guy had sneezed and accidentally sent out his miniature turtle summoning.

A few days after that, I stand in my room wearing my Fourth War outfit, my Konoha headband strapped around my forehead. I was wearing the Jounin outfit of the Hidden Leaf with a long sleeved black shirt, black Capri and green flak jacket with my tall black boots that don't have the covering over them, forearm and wrist length black gloves on my hands that have the metal plates.

 I was wearing the Jounin outfit of the Hidden Leaf with a long sleeved black shirt, black Capri and green flak jacket with my tall black boots that don't have the covering over them, forearm and wrist length black gloves on my hands that have the...

My swords are strapped to my back and fans to my waist.

We all have to wear the Chunin or Jounin flak jacket outfits.

Then, my comrades and I make our way for The Land of Lightning.