06: DO IT LIKE ITS YOUR B-DAY

August 20th, 1988

*

NYLA HARRIS was riding in the passenger seat of her best friend Lisa's car. They were currently driving to Jerry Heller's house, where he was hosting a party to celebrate Nyla's eighteenth birthday. She was so excited, because life was going good for her.

Nyla was finally an adult and allowed to make her own decisions. She was about to graduate high school in a few weeks and would be heading off to UCLA to get her college degree in finances.

Nyla's relationship with Eric was also going really well. They still weren't officially together, but everyone around them knew what was up. What was understood, didn't need to be explained.

However, Nyla's friendship with Cube wasn't as great as it used to be. Ever since the conversation they had at the studio, they hadn't talked much. She would see him all the time, because of the group of course. That was it, though.

Cube barely made any effort to see or talk to her outside of that. Nyla missed her best friend, but she also knew he was too stubborn to fix anything. He was still upset about her and Eric. She didn't think he would ever get over that.

"Oh, shit! Ny!" Lisa shouted, as she pulled into the driveway of Jerry's house.

"What?" Nyla asked, as she looked out the window of the vehicle.

"Oh, my gosh! Bitch, look right there!" Lisa yelled out, pointing in front of her.

Nyla and Lisa looked out the dashboard window and saw the N.W.A crew standing outside.

Nyla's jaw dropped at the sight of a brand new white BMW, with a red bow on the bumper.

Eric was leaning against the hood of the car, holding keys in his hands. Meanwhile, Dre, Ren and Yella were standing by him. Cube was nowhere in sight, which she kinda expected.

Nyla quickly opened the car door and hopped out, along with Lisa.

"Hey, Nyla!" Dre, Yella, and Ren greeted her as she walked up to them. "Hi, guys!" Nyla yelled, as she analyzed the BMW in front of her. "What's up, Lisa?" Dre smirked, grabbing her waist. "Hey, boo." Lisa replied, kissing his cheek.

After the first recording session, Dre and Lisa began dating. They weren't official. Lisa described it as more of a hook up, than a relationship.

Nyla warned her about Dre and his multiple baby mamas, but Lisa obviously didn't care.

"What's this, E?" Nyla asked. "It's a car." Eric told her. "Who is it for, though?" Lisa butted in. "Who you think?" Eric retorted, as Nyla's heart skipped a beat. "Eazy, stop playing! Did you buy this shit for her?" Lisa asked, getting excited.