7.2: He's A Little Of A Fixer-Upper

"Hello, my lovely couple, could I get you two anything today?" Yeji blushed at the word "couple," but her date didn't seem to care at all

"Hello, my lovely couple, could I get you two anything today?" Yeji blushed at the word "couple," but her date didn't seem to care at all. She tried focusing on the menu, but all she could think about was the word "couple" which hadn't been used on her since her first romance in eighth grade.

"I would like the Chef's recommendation please, with my steak made medium-well." He placed his menu on the table after one look at it. He gave the waitress a menacing face as if he was about to kill her with his presence.

"And what could I get this elegant young lady?"

"The same as him please." Yeji exchanged eye contact with him.

The waitresses rapidly noted everything on a yellow stick note. "Okay then, any drinks?"

"I would like the Sunset drink," Yeji said confidently.

"What about you sir?"

"Same as her." He smirked at Yeji, giving her butterflies. Yeji didn't want him to get to her so easily, but rich and confident boys were exactly her type.

"Okay then! I'll be back in a few minutes with your food." The waitress quickly left in a flash. The boy kept examining Yeji's face like she was a rare jewel that he had just found; it made Yeji quite uncomfortable of course, she didn't know what to say.

"So Uhm... what's your name?" Yeji questioned him.

"You can call me Ryan."

"Ryan huh?" Yeji smirked at the guy who smirked back at her.

Yeji soonly began looking around anxiously. She honestly was only thinking about how long the food was taking, even though the order just went through. Ryan on the other side just admired Yeji. He examined her glittery eyeshadow, her sharp and defined jawline, her cat-like eyes, and her shining, glowing hair. She was truly astonishing to look at.

Ryan then started switching his eyes to go south. He examined her jewels, her shoulders, her bone-line, every single curve he could see. Yeji noticed him starting right away, it made her super uncomfortable. Yeji just pretended she didn't see him staring, she ignored him as long as she could but, of course, she couldn't do that.

"So Ryan, uhm... why don't you tell me about yourself?" Yeji nervously asked.

"Well, as you know, my name is Ryan and I'm a 18 years old living overseas with my family. As you may guess, I'm planning to take over my family business, even though I'm the youngest." Yeji arched an eyebrow at him.

"Usually the oldest takes over business right? Why isn't that the case for you?" Yeji curiously asked.

"Well, my family is quite traditional you see... my other two sisters are women, and my family believes that the men should take power in business." Ryan answered with an unfazed look, which really confused Yeji. The brunette just kept thinking, Why did I involve myself in this?