Chapter 6: Resentful Energy

Its been a day but Jiang cheng couldn't stop thinking about what those citizens
in Caiyi Town talked about these...

'Waterghost?'

'Did those Lans already knew about those?'

'Did they already finished the Waterghost without us knowing?'

"Why do I even... care.?" Jiang Cheng mumbled not paying attention at the class.

Not until Lan Qiren called out Wei wuxian.

"Wei Ying!" Lan Qiren calls out.

Wei wuxian stand up on his sit. "Here Lan Laoshi"

"Let me ask you. Are yao, demons, ghosts, and monsters the same things?"

Wei WuXian smiled, "No."

"Why not? How are they differentiated?" Lan Qiren.

"Yao are formed from living, non-human beings, demons are formed from living humans, ghosts are formed from dead humans, A monsters are formed from dead, non-human beings."

"'Yao' and 'monsters' are often confused. What is an example that distinguishes the two?"

Wei WuXian smiled softly and pointed at the viridian tree outside of the room and replied, "For example, a living tree was tainted with the energy of books, cultivated into a conscious being, and causes mischief, it would be a 'yao'. If I took an axe and cut it in the middle, so that only a dead tree-stump was left, and then it cultivates into a being, it would be a monster.'"

"What was the profession of the progenitor of the QingheNie Sect?" Lan Qiren added another question.

"A butcher."

"The heraldry of the LanlingJin Sect is a white peony. Which type of white peony is it?"

"Sparks Amidst Snow."

"Who was the first in the cultivation world to focus on the rise of his clan rather than his sect?"

"The progenitor of the QishanWen Sect, Wen Mao."

'What is wrong with Lan laoshi? It's really unnecessary for him to make Shi xiong answer all of those questions' Jiang Cheng thoughts while worryingly glared at Wei wuxian.

"Let me ask you again there is an executioner with parents, a wife, and children, but before he died, he executed more than one hundred people. He suddenly died in the public and, to
punish him for his deeds, he was left on the streets for seven days. With the repressed energy of resentment, he started to haunt and kill. What should be done?"

This time, Wei WuXian remained silent.

The others glared at Wei wuxian, afraid that they'll be the one who's getting picked from answering the question if he didn't respond to the question Lan Qiren gave him.

Lan Qiren scolded, "Why are you looking at him? Think about this as well. Don't open your books!"

The disciples took their hands away from the books that they intended on quickly flipping

A few moments, seeing that Wei WuXian didn't answer 'Lan Qiren sighs and spoke again, "WangJi, you can tell him what should be done."

Lan wangji stand up on his seat as he nodded and spoked. "First, liberate, Second, suppress Third, eliminate. The initial approach is to utilize the gratitude of his relatives and grant his dying wish, set free what he could not let go of. If it fails, suppress it. If the crimes were extremely wrongful, and its energy of resentment does not dissipate, exterminate it completely. The cultivation world should precisely keep to this order of measures. No errors should be allowed."

When Lan wangji finished, Wei wuxian stared at him with admiration.

'He's good looking and smart!' Wei wuxian thought while gently smiling and blushing.

'Is... IS SHIDI ADMIRING HIM?? OH MY GOSH SHIDI THAT MAN IS A STONE! ' Jiang Yanli thought when she saw Wei wuxian admiring Lan Wangji.

Lan Qiren nodded in agreement after Lan wangji answered his question "Not a single mistake was made."

"No matter in terms of cultivation or as a person, one needs to be as solid as this. If one becomes complacent and proud just because they defeated a
few simple mountain beings in their home and hold some empty reputations, one would definitely bring disgrace upon themselves, sooner or later." Lan Qiren added

"Lan laoshi, im sorry to disturb you, but I have a question." Wei wuxian said with respect

Lan QiRen replied, "Speak."

"Although 'liberation' comes first, it is often impossible. 'To grant his dying
wish' sounds simple it would be easy, if the wish was a new piece of clothing, but what if the wish was to kill lots of people for revenge?"

"Thus, suppression assists liberation. If it is necessary, elimination would also
follow." Lan Wangji replied

Wei WuXian smiled, "I understand Lan er gongzi, I was only thinking of a fourth path."

Lan QiRen knit his eyebrows in confusion and spoke, "I have never heard of any fourth paths."

Wei WuXian spoke, "Because the executioner died in such a way, it is only natural that he turned into a ferocious corpse. Since he executed more than one hundred people before he died,
why not dig up the graves of these people, arouse their energy of resentment, collect the
heads of those hundred people, and use them to fight with the ferocious corpse..."

Lan WangJi turned to look at Wei wuxian with a kintted brows. still expressionless
.
Lan QiRen was angered. He shouted." You-! How dare you!"

Everyone in the room was surprised as well as Jiang Yanli and Jiang Cheng. Lan QiRen spoked once again. "The essence of exorcising demons and annihilating ghosts is to liberate! You do not study the methods of liberation, and even think about increasing their energy of resentment! You reverse the
natural order, and ignore ethics and morality!"

Wei wuxian was about to spoke but Jiang Cheng stand up as well.

Jinag Cheng replied, "Shi xiong was right tho!! There are some things that have no use after liberation, so why not find a way to make use of them? When Yu the Great tamed the flood, obstruction was the inferior method, and redirection was the superior. Suppression is the same as obstruction, so isn't it inferior..."

Wei wuxian spoke "A-cheng, lets not-"

Wei wuxian was cut off by Jiang Cheng and continued to talk nonsense,
"Spiritual energy is energy resentful energy is energy as well. Spiritual energy is stored in the dantian. It can split mountains and fill oceans, available for human use. If so, then why can't resentful energy also be used by humans?"

Lan Qiren spoke "Then, let me ask you again! How do you make sure that the resentful energy only listens to you and does not harm
others?"

Wei WuXian sighs while jiang Cheng raised an eyebrow and his eyes widened in astonishment , "I haven't thought of it yet!"

Lan Qiren's faces drew more anger and spoke, "If you both thought of it, the whole cultivation world wouldn't allowed your existence! Both of you out of my class!"

"Sorry to disturb and anger you Lan Laoshi, I would be glad if only me is gonna be kicked out of the class" Wei wuxian said with a bow.

Jiang cheng shocked and spoke. "No! Lan laoshi I would get out of the class as well!"

Wei wuxian sighs and didn't protest anymore since he didn't want to create more scene into them arguing who's gonna go out the class.

Wei wuxian bow and spoke. "Sorry if we disrespect you Lan laoshi, please continue your class"

Jiang cheng bowed as well and they both get out of the class.