032

-ˋˏnai's povˎˊ-
thoughts are in bold !
‧͙⁺˚* ʚĭɞ ⁺‧͙

i wake up after 2 hours of sleep. i couldn't stop thinking about last night. after doing my morning routine, i walk downstairs for some breakfast.

i sigh and open the fridge.

"good morning."

i quickly turn around to see vinnie in the living room.
i exhale and put my hand over my chest.

nai: don't scare me like that.

he doesn't look at me. god, i really don't want to sort stuff out right now. i walk over to the couch.

nai: what are you doing here, vinnie?

i hear my brother walk downstairs. i turn around and look at him.

nai: mario, can you leave?

he furrowed his eyebrows

mario: why? i'm hungry.

he walks over to the fridge

mario: oh hey vinnie
nai: mario! take your breakfast and leave.

he flips me off. i look at vinnie, signaling for him to tell mario to leave since i know he listens to what vinnie says.

vinnie: go upstairs, mar. you can eat in five minutes.

mario groans and walks back upstairs. i sigh and sit down next to vinnie. he was wearing a tight black shirt with grey sweatpants and his arms were crossed.

nai: wh-
vinnie: why did you kiss him.

i stay silent.

vinnie: why do you reject me but not him.
nai: vinnie, i told you. i'm really really not ready for a relationship.
vinnie: then why do you fucking kiss my bestfriend!

i look down at the floor, embarrassed.

vinnie: i kissed you and you told me you're not ready. he kisses you and you make out with him. why? what is the difference? do you like him?
nai: i don't know why, vinnie.

vinnie rubbed his hands over his face.

vinnie: our friendship is over, nai. you and jordan ruined it.
nai: what? you literally did the same thing as jordan! you both kissed me! why am i getting blamed for everything?
vinnie: you like him, huh?
nai: why are you changing the subject!
vinnie: no, why are you!?

mario walked back down. i immediately turned around at yelled at him.

nai: leave!
mario: no! i'm hungry. go do whatever you're doing in your room.

i groaned and turned back to vinnie.

nai: you're avoiding my fucking question. why am i getting blamed?
vinnie: im blaming you for lying to me. you said you weren't ready for a relationship but then you kissed jordan only a day after.
nai: what do you not understand vinnie! i don't like you like that!

vinnie's face dropped. i don't know why i said that. i like him. a lot. i have a big fat crush on him but i can't deal with this. i don't know why i kissed jordan i just felt like it at the moment. i don't even think i like him anymore. i did before but it kinda went over. i only like vinnie now.

he got up and left. as soon as he closed the door, mario started asking questions.

mario: you kissed him again!? and jordan too??? he likes you?? you don't like him!?

i ignore him and i run upstairs. i get in my bed and i just start crying. why did i say that! he's never going to forgive me. i've ruined my friendship. my friendship of 17 years. it's all gone. why did i do all of this? why couldn't i just... not kiss them? it's that easy. i've ruined it all.

vinnie's pov

i come home with tears in my eyes. i was trying my best to not let them out. i haven't cried in years. my mom greets me at the door.

maria: he- are you okay?

god i want to cry.

maria: what happened, baby?

my mom always knows when something's wrong.

i walked up to her and hugged her. i immediately started crying in her chest.

• • •

vinnie: she said " what do you not understand vinnie. i don't like you like that."
maria: maybe she meant-
vinnie: no, mom. i know what she meant. she doesn't like me. all my life. all my life i've been chasing after her. dreaming about us marrying each other. and she doesn't like me back.

she ran her fingers through my hair

vinnie: i knew i shouldn't have said anything. she hates me now.
maria: no, vinnie. it's better to let your feelings out than to bottle them up. and she doesn't hate you. she just needs time.
vinnie: i gave her time! jordan didn't but she made out with him. why not me?

she kissed me on my forehead.

maria: i love you, baby. don't go back there and talk to her. when she's ready, she'll come talk to you.
vinnie: she's never ready for anything.
maria: that's because you don't give her time. she needs more time than you think.

i sigh

‧͙⁺˚* ʚĭɞ ⁺‧͙

yazmine speaks! 🧚‍♀️
hi my loves. how r u today?
vote