The Confusion

Hobi's POV:

(TW: Implied misogyny, gender discrimination, homophobia and insulting words used towards the boys.

Do not move ahead if you aren't comfortable reading any of the above.)

Joonie should trust them, right? But wasn't it Bang PD who called them here cause he had some 'sudden' leads from his sources? Wasn't it Yoongi who was complaining about coming here just a minute before they argued? Then how come they both are talking to each other as if they planned it all in advance, together? Like it's not all sudden or unknown to them, like it is for the rest of them. He is just so confused and lost with what exactly is going on. He wished he could use some of Joonie's brain today but looking at Joonie's face he could feel that no part of his IQ of 148 was helping him make sense of it either. But what else can they do? They had no other option. What else did they have to lose if they had to wait to get the answers?

They had almost reached the conference hall door when he saw Jessica and Mr Woo standing there, waiting for them. This made everyone around him confused. He could sense how tense Mr Woo looked but Jessica on other hand was just as calm as he remembers her seeing on the day they freed the boys from the contracts and flew them to US with them. He would forever be thankful to them for that. So he bowed down, not just with respect but with utmost gratitude. He saw how Mr Woo smiled, all wise, looking at them and and then how Jessica's eyes shifted to Yoongi and how they both spoke without any words, almost assuring each other, as they led the group to the conference room. And there he was, sitting with a frown on his face, the man they all despised. Jake Alexander, CEO of Neo International, the company that almost ruined their everything.

If Hobi wasn't worried about his little brother, his Tete, he would definitely have slapped this bastard right on his face. But now he also had other priorities, responsibilities. He was a patient man when it came to them. He had a baby on the way, so he couldn't be reckless. The thought of his baby and his fiancé kept him grounded. And he took his seat beside his members. He saw Jake gazing at them as if he was about to claw them. His observation is almost proven right when he hears him roar. "Oh so the con artists are here! I would have said that I was glad to see you; onlyq if you guys didn't make my company lose so much money. So treacherous people have a seat and let me reveal another con of you guys."

"A bit of respect towards the most appreciated artists of the generation would have been the basic requirement I would have asked here if it was not you Alexander. But I understand your inability of having basic human decency as you calculate everything in money, but let's cut the crap and get done with whatever 'secret trick' you have got up your sleeve." Mr. Woo countered.

"Just 'cause your daughter is sleeping around with one of them, doesn't make you a lover of their music and a spokesperson of them Woo."

Heated glares are thrown towards him not just by Mr Woo, but also by all the members. Meanwhile Bang PD tried to calm the situation by lifting a hand to signal Alexander that he is crossing his limits. So he starts with a fake apologizing tone,"Oops sorry, let's keep it professional, right? Okay, I get it Woo, you invested a lot of money to get them out of my hold, so you gotta take care of the golden goose, right? I get it. Even though they are not earning anything for you right now, apart from their pathetic singles here and there. NEO still got all the rights over their past music as a group, remember? As the public still believes they are on temporary hiatus as a group, NEO milks its profit out of it. And as far as them working with you independently goes, it would take these people another 11 years to make that much content. On top of that their most popular member is still MIA. So in short, they are bad for business and you are just bitter, that even after putting your daughter on line, you got nothing in return."

Jin is about to walk towards him and swing a punch, but Jess and Hobi hold him off. She is surprisingly not shaken with the choice of words the bastard had put forward. She calmly addresses him, "Mr CEO, I believe I heard you say that your time is precious and you don't like to waste it where it won't earn you something back. So as I can see clearly, the interest in my love life is not giving you anything fruitful. Let's just cut the chase and get to the point."

"Oh won't you like that, sure sweetie. Let's get to the point. Your daughter is smart Woo, not just a pretty face, I see. So yeah, let's just get to the point. I have something that might interest you all, but in return I want something that I would like to have as well. I know you are a rational businessman Woo. Apart from this hasty decision of yours, you have done well on your own, so let's make a deal. I know you are searching for ways to get your Son, Chris Woo, back in your family and business. And the group also has been searching for that Kim boy. Luckily I have information on both of them. Not just information, but actual physical location and few of my skilled men on their tail. Even sent me a few photos as proof, So tell me Woo, won't you like to see your son, that you lost 'cause you couldn't accept his love for dance and also cause he was a faggot just like half of these boytoys?"

Right after hearing this, Hobi could see the shadow of shock rising on members' faces and the colour on Mr Woo's face, fading away.

(Not proof read)