The Start

TW: Manipulation, blackmail, substance use, self harm

"So for me it all started with Chris running away from home. Dad never supported his love for dance. He wanted both of us to be learning more about business so that we can take it over after he retires. But Chris was just so different.  Too fragile for the ruthless business world. So I used to support him whenever I could, behind dad's back. Yoongi was his best friend since forever, they both used to hang out a lot together. Dad always thought he was the one influencing Chris. So he tried to keep them away. But when Chris came out to us, as gay, dad was beyond furious. He cut Chris from the outside world. Would lock him in. He even bought shares of BH  so he could manipulate Chris. He knew Chris had feelings for Yoongi, so he used it against Chris. He blackmailed him that if didn't behave the way dad wants, he would make them throw Yoongi out. You people were new back then, struggling. So Chris listened to him. Dad sent him here, to the US." Yoongi gave a sad nod to this before Jess spoke again,

"Chris was broken, he started using substances. One day when he overdosed the hospital called me. When I landed here, he was just too out of it. He was calling for Yoongi. Luckily you people were touring here at that time. So I somehow got in touch with him. He was too shocked to know everything. But then he offered help, he met Chris, convinced him to take help and then got him in touch with Su. She took him in and made him whole again. That's how I became friends with her."

"Su is Sunaina Rajan, my best friend and Joonie's secret girlfriend by the way," Yoongi interrupted. But Jess asked him to continue. So he did, "We three met when we were criticized for our misogynistic lyrics. Joon wanted to reconsider everything so someone from his mom's contacts, referred him to this woman's study professor. Su was doing here research under the professor on gender studies, and when Joonie boy heard the topic of her thesis he was enticed. She was working on "gender stigmatisation and queer mistreatment in kpop". I happened to accompany him when he met her. And we 3 started hanging out together while she was here on her trip. We kept it all hushed because the professor was very strict on Su maintaining her professional boundaries and we also didn't want any scandals. We all grew closer even when she went back to the US to continue her life. These two even became closer in other ways if you cannot tell. So remember Joon used to be all busy on his phone. It used to be Su." He smiled teasingly at Joon, who smiled shyly. 

After a second Jess started again, "Su runs a foundation here, which helps troubled queers. So we got Chris in, and he began to get better. Sorry we kept it from you Joon, but Su thought it was better to keep it hidden, in case my dad caused an issue for you guys. On the other hand, you guys grew. Everyone was kind of settled in the pace of life before NEO came into the picture. And you know the rest."

Yoongi takes over, "There was a time Su was there in SK. And she was visiting Joon and I. She always used to use this basement corridor to reach our studios, to come in and out of the building unnoticed. One day, while coming in she saw some NEO goons, harassing Tae in the basement. She wanted to intervene but before that happened she heard them threatening Tae to expose his and Kook's pictures which could cause some problems to both of them. They knew about them. And it was not the way Tae wanted to  come out to the world. He was devastated. It must have been going on for days. Seemed like he had had enough of their threats. He was so exhausted, and in that moment he tried to harm himself once the goons left."

Everyone was shaken hearing this, Kook couldn't control his tears. "He endured it alone, I couldn't help him." He cried.

"It's okay Jungkookie, he is okay now." Jess affirmed. 

"Su called Jess after she found Tae. Jess helped them get out of the building, treating him in a private facility and then to fly him to the US. They called me, and updated me on everything. We did it without telling any of you. As we didn't want to risk NEO knowing. Su and Chris were helping Tae heal from his trauma. In the meantime while Tae was there, Chris's dad got there. Mr. Woo was diagnosed with cancer and he wanted to reconcile with his son. Ask for his forgiveness." Yoongi states. 

"So Chris being Chris decided his dad should pay back for the damage he caused. He asked him to get the band out of NEO's hold and land us all here. He said it was his way to thank me and Su for saving him. That it would make both of us happy. So Mr Woo agreed. And now we are on our way to take over our company back from that Jackass. He thinks he knows everything. But what he doesn't know is we are 2 steps ahead of him in every way." He finishes.

"But that doesn't answer why Su stayed MIA for one and half years?" Joon questions.

"That my friend is her story to tell. But We were waiting for today to bring out the truth." Jess added. 

"Why today though?" Hoseok questioned.

"Because today we are ready to take them down. We will tell you the whole plan once we reach the cabin. Let's just hope the remaining members of the team are there by the time we reach there."