02

It ok not to be ok

Beomgyu was sitting at the dining table with his stepfather, mother and stepbrother

Beomgyu would have preferred to move in with his father, but he is currently in the hospital because he was diagnosed with the Locked-in syndrome about half a year ago.

Beomgyu watched them silently as everyone at the table had a conversation and laughed with each other while he was totally left out.

It was just like looking into a television screen.

He was the person on the sofa watching the perfect, happy on screen family while his own family had already fallen apart.

His mom has always been cheating on his dad.
As a small kid he'd always watch his mom bring new men into the house when his father was gone.

His father first found out about it when she was pregnant with the child of some Nigerian man a year after he was born. It was a daughter her name is Bae Yujin they'd always see each other on Christmas and Chuseok.

Since than his mom has been really carful around his dad until last year. Without a warning she divorced his father and months later got married to this new man called Choi Yoonho who brought his annoying son Choi Yeonjun with him.

Beomgyu just tried to keep these feeling to himself and just played along with the whole new happy family thing.

He hated the new change. The new family thing. His mom. He just hated everything and everyone.

Beomgyu got up and put his half-full plate in the refrigerator.

"Beomgyu what is wrong?" his mother Mrs Choi asked him.

He would've loved to take his mother by the collar and yell at her all the things that has been bothering him, instead he shook his head "I'm fine. I'm just a little tired. I'll go to bed"

Beomgyu made himself fresh for bed and then tried to fall asleep as fast as possible to meet the girl of his dreams again.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Beomgyu layed on the ground, the Gras slightly peaking into his skin and his eyes staring into the Starry Night.

He looked to his left where the girl of his dreams was already laying right next to him also starring at the sky. A grin formed on his lips when he saw the girl in her beautiful white dress.

Suddenly she turned her head to face him, their faces only a few inches apart and eyes piercing into each other.

"Nice to see you again," Beomgyu grinned at her.

"Same here," she laughed.

"And are you going to tell me your name today?" He asked her even if he was sure that she wouldn't do it.

She shakes her head.

"Well it's been three years now. If you don't want to tell me your name then I'll just have to give you one," he suggested and was already thinking while she looked at him from the side with a raised eyebrow.

"Ashling!" popped up in his head.

"Ashling?" she repeats in a questioning tone.

"Ashling: a wonderful dream," he explains while looking deep into her eyes "Honestly it took me three whole years to come up with a name perfectly suitable for someone as beautiful as you"

She smiled at him.

"Then I am your Ashling"

For a while, Beomgyu just stared at Ashling as she gently ran her hands through his hairs.

"How are you doing. Life is hard right" she asked him and he nodded.

"Yeah but I'm getting through it" he let out a deep sigh his mind filled with thought of his mom and his new family.

"Beomgyu ... it's ok not to be ok. It is ok to have weak moments and bad days. Pretending that you are fine doesn't make yourself less of a man. Everyone has their lows" she said and slowly pulled her hand away from his hair.

Beomgyu didn't quite get what she was getting at, so she just shakes her head at the fact that he doesn't need to understand it immediately.

"You don't have to understand it yet. Just keep these words in mind," she advised him.

Beomgyu softly ran his hands from her hair through to her jawline .

"Don't you want to make up for yesterday" he asked and wanted to approach her lips when she put her hands on his chest to stop him from coming any closer.

"Wake up you have school!" Beomgyu was confused when she said that.

Suddenly she climbed on top of him and was pushed by her into the grass.

Beomgyu harshly fell on the cold, hard floor of his bedroom.
He got up, ready to yell at Yeonjun, but there was no one in his room and the door was also closed. Suddenly his alarm clock went off.

Was that Ashling?

Confused and creeped out he made his way to the bathroom where he freshened up for a new day at school.