Story 12: Two Hundred Words

Dice Roll: shooting star, bee, lightning, lock, letter, apple, speech bubble, parachute, shadow fiend

One night, a shooting star fell to earth and granted the bee that found it magic powers.

The bee glowed in the nighttime like a firefly, and could even shoot lightning bolts from the ends of each of its six legs. It also gained the ability to speak foreign languages, including the language of shadows.

After gaining her new powers, the bee, whose name had been Beatrix Buzzing, now called herself Bea Hero.

In the morning, she would fly about the city, helping the mail deliverers open locks and deliver letters.

In the afternoon, Bea explored the parks, looking for anyone in need of help.

She helped a girl find her lost doll.

She helped a boy fish his keys out of a sewer grate with a magnet on a string. (She was down in the sewer, pushing the keyring against the magnet, so it would stick.)

She even helped a turtle pick an apple using a parachute by using her lightning to let the turtle see what she was doing.

But what she liked best was seeing the wonder and delight on people's faces as she flew with the fireflies, putting on blinking shows of light in the darkness.