You were finally at home, ready to sleep. ''Waste of time'' you mumble. 

It was true, Connie's dumbass wasn't even there, Eren was trynna be all buddy-buddy with you, and you barely remembered any of the stuff that he told you. Groaning, you slowly rub your face.

''Aaliyah!" you shout out. You wait for a response. Nothing. Aaliyah (your sister) wasn't there apparently. 

You then look around and see a small yellow post-it note set on your bed. You get up and grab the note.

''Spending the night at Kim's so don't lose your mind'' the note read. You huff and roll your eyes, well, less trouble for you. 

You then drop your backpack and head to the bathroom to start the shower. You walked in and closed the door, making sure it was locked. You then turn the lights on and start stripping your clothes off. 

After pulling back the shower curtain, you turn on the shower and hop in.

While washing yourself up, you thought you heard a door open. You quickly turned off the shower and waited. When you heard nothing, you grabbed a towel anyway.

You walked out and looked around. You then quickly dried off and brushed your teeth to get dressed. You put on some shorts and a shirt. 

You slipped your slippers on and ran downstairs. You started checking all the doors. You had every reason to be paranoid. You were home alone, you heard something unlock, and it was night.

As you looked around like a fool, you were convinced that no one was hiding inside the house. Eventually, you stopped and walked to the kitchen. 

You calmed yourself a bit, still eyeing everything. 'Paranoid' you mutter and chuckle.

Since your sister was gone you could finally appreciate your scary movies in peace. Whenever Liyah would watch a movie with you she would always turn off the movie when it got 'scary'. 

''This too scary turn this shit off'' she would say looking for the remote. ''Well you're the one who wanted to watch it'' You'd roll your eyes and pause it so she could get herself together.

You walk to the pantry, open the door, and grab the brown-pan packet of popcorn kernels. You took off the plastic and flopped it on the stove. You turned it on and waited.

As you waited your phone rang. You turned your head and reached over for it, you thought it was Aaliyah calling you but instead, it was an unknown number. You decided to answer.

''Hello?'' you asked. 

"Hello," a low voice said from the phone. It was inviting yet welcoming.

'Well...'  you thought. You didn't expect someone to reply, or even call you at this time. You've gotten a lot of unknown calls but none of them ever talked back nor called you in the middle of the night. You sat there in silence until you felt the need to speak, ''Yes?'' you replied.

 ''Who is this?'' they asked you. ''Who are you trying to reach?'' ''What number is this?'' 

''Who are you trying to reach?'' you repeated your question. You didn't like this, at all. Why are they asking so many questions? And why are you engaging? 

You 'nuh huh' as you ended the call.

Did a prank call make you piss your pants already? You jerked at the sound of the popcorn. You shook the pan up and turned on the stove low. 

Your phone began ringing again. You sigh deeply and grab the device. 'what if this is a serial killer trynna kidnap my ass' you mumble and click the call.

''I must have scared you, sweetie. Did I scare you?' he joked. No response from you, you kept quiet. The man then let out a soft chuckle, ''Sorry, I suppose I did,'' he said softly. You rolled your eyes at his apology. You still didn't speak.

''Come on, let's talk'' 

You rolled your eyes and obeyed, ''I wasn't scared'' you replied with an attitude. You turned around and leaned against the kitchen island. 

''Really?'' he asked. 

''Really really'' you replied. You grabbed the pan and shook it. The sound caught his attention, ''What's that?'' he asked. ''Popcorn'' you replied. You put the pan down while walking over to the sofa. 

You hummed in response as you scrolled through Netflix looking for the movie you wanted to watch. ''What movie?'' he asked.

''Just some scary movie'' you replied clicking on a movie. ''You like scary movies?'' he asked leaning into the phone. You smile, ''Yeah''. He laughed lightly, his laugh made you limp a little. ''What's your favorite scary movie?'' he taunted while fiddling with his blade.

''(input favorite scary movie)'' you replied shifting in your seat. ''Really? Mine too'' he smirked on the other side. "Usually pretty girls hate scary movies and go for the romance type" he replied in a humorous tone. Is he flirting with me, you thought? ''Guess you should stop stereotyping'' you responded smirking. You aren't going to lie, you were loving the sweet talk, but you wanted to know what he was really calling for. 

''You never told me your name by the way'' he spoke before you could. ''Why should I tell you my name when I don't even know yours'' you replied. He sighed lightly, ''I wouldn't worry about it, you'll know soon'' with a playful yet serious tone. You lifted the phone from your ear and squinted at it, you had an odd feeling. You then put it back to your ear, ''Why do you want to know my name?''

''Because I want to know who I'm looking at''

You stopped smiling. He had slipped up, on purpose, he wanted you to know that he was there, watching you. As he peaked through the window, a cruel smirk played across his face. ''You there?''

You didn't answer instead you quickly stood up, ''Don't call again'' was all you said before hanging up. 

''Don't hang up on me''