ZERO. Eddie Munson, Finley protector

ZEROEddie Munson, Finley protector💊❪ tw: strong language, mentions of death, mentions of alcohol addiction, and pills ❫

ZERO
Eddie Munson, Finley protector
💊
tw: strong language, mentions of death, mentions of alcohol addiction, and pills

STRANGER THINGS
the prologue

               DEATH STAYS with you forever

               DEATH STAYS with you forever. Especially when you witness it. That is something that sticks to your soul. It's been 8 months since Flora's death and Finley was still very much in shambles. Strands of her hair spread out across Flora's white bedding as she stared up at the ceiling. As of lately, Finley found herself sleeping in Flora's room which didn't help with the horrific nightmares.

Her face was blank and decorated with dry tears. She needed something to clear her head. She did everything she could to distract herself but that all was temporary because once she was alone it all came back to her. Finley rose up from the bed and made her way into the hall. All she could hear were her father's snores and the TV.

It was an everyday occurrence. Donny came home, said hi to Finley, and went straight to drinking. Hours later Finley came out of her room, he would be asleep, she would make sure he was comfortable, and she put all of the bottles away. Every. Single. Day. And she did just that, in the same order.

Her finger came up to switch the TV off and she took one last look at her father. He never made it to his room mostly because it brought back bad memories of the fights he had with her mother. Finley was even kind enough to sleep next to him for the first few months she was gone. As she continued to look at him, an urge spiked up. The urge to run. Not to run away necessarily, just . . . run.