HER

"Do you still remember the first time that we met?" Jimin's voice echoes around the empty rooftop of the university library.

"How could I ever forget?" The girl sitting beside her answers with a smile on her face making her eyes crinkle a little bit. It was her last night at the university since the classes are officially over. She's graduating next week and until now it still feels surreal.

Aeri looks back at Jimin and sighs at the breathtaking view just inches away from her. So close yet so far away. She once tried to reach for her but Jimin didn't meet her halfway. She understands, and she didn't resent Jimin for her decision. It was never her obligation to reciprocate Aeri's feelings for her in the first place.

"We were fifteen at that time. The coffee shop beside the old mall downtown. You were wearing a blue plaided skirt paired with a white shirt, your sleeves were rolled up until your elbows." Jimin states one by one as she remembers every detail of that day, the day that Aeri came to her life.

Jimin smiles to herself as she look at the night sky in front of her. "I remembered you were in a dilemma back then, I could see it in your face that you wanted to share a table with since I'm the only one in your age range that time on a full house coffee shop. You were about to leave and give up on finding a seat since you aren't that good back then in start up conversations but I finally found my voice and offered you to share my table since you looked harmless enough in my eyes." The captain continues earning a laugh from the president.

Jimin clears her throat and takes a deep sigh before resuming her words, "You had a chocolate chip cupcake with a steaming hot choco on an autumn afternoon. There was this huge tree just outside the window and the seat that we had back then gave me the perfect view of the falling leaves as they descend to the ground behind you."

"You remember all of that?" Aeri asks the captain who was now staring at her with those adoring eyes. It's been like what? Five or six years ever since they met? And here comes Jimin talking so casually about it while Aeri was trying her best not to let her heart jump out of her chest from this new found information.

Jimin's lips slowly lifts up forming a smile as she cocks her head to one side. "How could I forget the day that I met my first love?" She says unabashed to the girl beside her.

Jimin remembers it. She remembers every minute detail of that day.

"First? First love? Me?" Aeri says pointing to herself trying to make sense of what Jimin was saying.

"Yes. You are my first love, Aeri. I can say that out loud now." Jimin says after letting out a loud sigh, a breath of relief.

The heart is now beating in contentment as it have finally released pent up feelings from the past while the other was beating in confusion as it take in the words of affirmation that it has been longing to hear years ago.

"I...uh—" Aeri tries to form any coherent word but it slips up every time from her tongue. For the first time that they have known each other, Aeri has no words to say.

Jimin grabs the president's hand to calm her down a little. "Let me finish first this time, Aeri." She says after taking a deep sigh. Aeri nodded in understanding. She could see the pleading eyes that Jimin holds. She wants this moment, she needs to finish her words this time.

"I remember back then that she shade of your hair was similar to the color of the fallen leaves on the ground. And the way that the sun hit your hair made you even more beautiful. You were beautiful back then, Aeri. More so now, very beautiful." Tears are now forming on Aeri's eyes as she hears Jimin's confession. Oh how long she have wished to hear this from her. How long she yearned for this moment. And now she have it. She have it in a form of another heartbreak from the same person.