Enough

The old saying time flies never made more sense to Aeri than at the moment she was in. Seated somewhere in the middle of the crowd, contently watching the new batch of graduates from her alma mater.

Just a year before, she was the one clad in a black gown receiving her own diploma up on the stage. Vividly, she remembered the moments that went by in a span of a year; the last heartbreak coming from her best friend, her plans for abroad getting altered, a Ning Yizhou coming to her life.

Recalling seemed too easy, too fast, but she knew otherwise. To say that it had been a rollercoaster ride of a year for her would be the biggest understatement she would ever hear from anyone.

The sudden eruption of the crowd took Aeri back in the moment. Her eyes focusing on the stage and she immediately understood the reason for the flood of cheers.

The captain was taking her last walk as a student. A well deserved applause from the crowd. She could see Jimin scanning the whole auditorium. A wide splitting grin dashes her face when she saw Minjeong who was sitting at one of the seats upfront while she gestures a few waves of her hand to her parents five rows from the back.

The next name from the line was called but Jimin remained standing on the center of the stage leaving the queue on hold. With eyes squinting, Jimin diligently searches for her best friend in the sea of people in front of her. Having known that she was causing a commotion, she did the first thing that struck her mind.

With both hands over her mouth, she unabashedly called out her best friend's name as her last resort. Hundreds of heads turned all at once looking for a certain Aeri Uchinaga.

As much as Aeri wanted to just blend in the crowd, she was left with no choice but to stand and show herself because Jimin was so determined to spot her that she hasn't moved an inch on the stage causing for the line by the side of stage to get longer every passing second.

Aeri was fully aware of the countless pairs of eyes upon her causing her cheeks to heat up. When her gaze met Jimin's, the latter enthusiastically waved her diploma in her direction earning a couple of laughter from the crowd.

Once all of her antics were done, Jimin scans the whole building once more before taking her final bow.

"Happy graduation!" Aeri greeted Jimin who met her with a bone crushing hug.

"You made it." Jimin smiled cheekily at her very much aware of the ruckus that she just caused earlier.

Aeri chuckled at the recent memory. "I wouldn't miss it for the world." The smile on Jimin's face widen even more once Aeri handed her the flowers that she got her earlier from a boutique. White roses.

Jimin takes a whiff before clutching it closely on her chest like it was a precious treasure.

"Mom is cooking for lunch." Jimin informed her. "Just a little celebration. We would love for you to come."

"I don't want trouble, Jimin." Aeri murmurs with both of her hands up like she was defeated.

One of Jimin's eyebrows shoot up in confusion.

"Your girlfriend has been staring at us ever since you got here." Aeri glances to the side where Minjeong was standing doing congratulatory pleasantries with her professors.

Jimin chuckled at her best friend's new found humor. "You'll get used to it. Hey you can bring Ningning with you if she's free."

"Is Minjeong going to be there? I'd like to know if I should wear some protective gear on just in case."