Near Death Experience/Transformation

We both watched Vi, Caitlyn, and Ekko silently from the shadows, watching them walk towards Piltover, when Vi suddenly stopped walking. We were too far away to hear what they were saying, but it was pretty clear when Vi hugged the other two, and turned around, heading back into the Undercity. Was she really coming back for Jinx? She would.. Take her away. I felt a dull ache in my chest at the thought, realizing Jinx would most likely go with her sister if that was the case, leaving me behind. There was no way I could ever trust Vi or go with her anywhere, and Jinx knew that, too.

I was shook out of my daze, as I noticed the Sheriff, also known as Marcus, heading straight for Caitlyn and Ekko, and saw them talking to each other, the weird blue orb in Ekko's hands. But what happened next caught me off guard, as Marcus pulled out his gun, and shot Ekko right in the chest, causing him to fall. I heard faint shouting, and watched as Vi raced back towards the scene, clearly concerned for Caitlyn's safety, and that's when Jinx really lost it. The whole time, I had noticed her getting more and more angry, but Vi going back for Caitlyn when she'd abandoned her own sister was the spark that triggered the next few events that occurred. Before I knew what was happening, Jinx unzipped the bag, and pulled out the multitude of jars we'd filled with her new bombs, shouting, "Liar!", before unscrewing the lids, dozens of mechanical Firelights racing towards the bridge.

I froze, unable to take my eyes off of the glowing robots, their wings shining beautifully under the moonlight, and saw the Enforcers, Marcus, and Caitlyn all watching them, too. That's when Jinx took off, sliding her way down to the bridge in the shadows, and I followed her, right before the loud noise of several explosions sounded, cracking like thunder through the quiet night, then nothing but silence, as the smoke began to clear. Body after body littered the bridge, some blown to pieces, others covered in blood, including Marcus' body, and slowly, Jinx and I made our way through the carnage, my hand resting on my sword. I heard a slight sound, and before the Enforcer could utter a word, he fell silent again, blood gushing from the fresh wound on his neck, as crimson dripped from my blade, hitting the surface of the bridge with a quiet sound, the smell of sulfur in the air.

Jinx started humming quietly as she walked, and whatever bodies moved, either she shot them, or I sliced into them. Together, we made sure that no one was left, as we made our way to where Caitlyn and Vi moved in the distance. She stopped walking for a minute, as my foot hit something metallic, the metal clanging as it rolled, and I looked down to see the container that held the orb at my feet. I handed it to Jinx, and she slung it over her shoulder, then huffed in anger and sadness, as her and Vi's eyes locked together, Caitlyn's eyes on me, as my grip tightened on my sword. "Max, please- Please stop this. This isn't you.." I felt a spark of hot anger ignite inside my chest, and glared at her. "Wrong as usual, Cait.. This is me, and if you want to complain about how I am, go look in the mirror, at your parents, at my parents, Vi, and everyone in Piltover and the Lanes. I was always an outcast, a reject- But I found someone who won't abandon me like you did. She's the only one I care about.."

With that, Jinx pulled out her minigun, and fired on them, causing Vi and Caitlyn to jump apart to avoid the bullets whizzing past and at them, and I went to go after Vi, planning to end the rivalry we'd been having since we were kids. I guess being in as much pain as I was, and being focused on revenge, I didn't hear the hoverboard heading right for me, and before I could react, something strong slammed into my face, knocking my mask clean off, and sending it spinning off into the darkness below the bridge. I felt dizzy, and tasted blood, confused as something warm and wet dripped into my eyes, blurring my vision, then realized my head was bleeding badly. I was wondering where my sword was, realizing it had been knocked out of my hand, and looked up, to see Ekko glaring at me icily, his staff in hand, my blood dripping from a part of it that had hit my head.

My lungs were already starting to burn with agony, but I knew I had to ignore it, and swung at him. He dodged, and planted his foot flat in my injured ribs, causing me to stagger, and almost fall. "Just give up already. You lost, Max." I felt myself getting dizzier, and fell to my knees, blood still gushing from my head, then fell onto my side on the bridge, feeling weak not able to move, as my lungs began giving out completely. I could faintly hear Jinx shouting my name, and forced myself to roll over with what little energy I had left, watching through blurry eyes, as she and Ekko faced off against each other, hearing Vi and Caitlyn's footsteps fading into the distance. That was it.. We hadn't managed to stop them, and I was gonna die, pathetic and weak, just like I was when I was little in the Undercity. And Jinx- Jinx would be alone again.. That was what hurt me the most. Dying wouldn't be so bad, except it meant leaving her behind, and I never wanted to do that. Not ever..

I watched as Jinx fired shot after shot at him, remembering faintly how they used to let me watch them have play fights exactly like that, only this time, it wasn't fake. Jinx missed almost every shot, and I could only watch helplessly, as Ekko slammed his staff into her face, knocking her down, then his fist, and I felt tears slide down my face. He froze after a minute, looking down into her face, then turned his head to look at me, pain and sadness in his eyes, and then, his head snapped back to face Jinx. He jumped to his feet, and took off as fast as he could, and I was confused, until I heard the familiar clicking of a bomb, and slowly dragged myself to Jinx's side, lacing my fingers with hers. Moments later, white hot agony shot through my entire body, as the bomb went off, and my hand was ripped from hers, my skin feeling like it was on fire. I couldn't move, or make a sound, as I felt myself falling through space, and then, I felt icy cold seep into my skin and bones, as I sank deeper and deeper into darkness, the burning pain continuing even through the fiery feeling.

The darkness continued, weighing heavily on me, and I kept sinking deeper and deeper into it as time dragged on for what felt like forever. I thought that if that's what dying is like, then killing people the way I did must be some kind of mercy, taking them away from all the pain and death and sickness of the shitty world around them. I numbly felt faint pressure on my body, and distant pain, but it was barely there at all, so I didn't care. I just wanted to stay in that darkness forever, but I wasn't allowed to, a faint stinging piercing through my arm for a second, and that's when the real pain began. I'd never felt anything like it, my body feeling like it was being torn to pieces over and over again, just to be put back together to be ripped apart again, my blood feeling like acid inside of my veins, and I couldn't stop myself from screaming in pain. But that wasn't the worst part; The worst part was the waking nightmares I started having. I could see my parents laughing, as they called me worthless, Vi laughing at me as she whispered, "You'll never have my sister", and finally, Jinx walking away with Vi, laughing as she called me worthless, too.

I couldn't tell if it was real or not, though everything felt completely real to me, and I wanted to just die, right then and there. After awhile, the pain began to fade, and my eyes slipped closed again, my body feeling stronger than it ever had before, and it didn't hurt to breathe anymore, oxygen going into my lungs with ease, for the first time in years. A soft hand gently stroked my hair, and a familiar voice whispered, "Time to wake up, Sleeping Beauty. We have things to do.." I opened my eyes, and felt hot tears sting them, as I saw Jinx, nearly tackling her, wrapping my arms around her. "You're here.. I thought you left me, or that you died!" She wrapped her arms around me too, and laid her head on my shoulder. "We both died.. But it's okay. I'm not going anywhere. Not without you, at least, silly. Now, let's go kill some liars.." With that, she took my hand, and led me out of some underground laboratory, and that's when I noticed her eyes were purple, and, as I caught my reflection in a pool of water, saw mine were, too. So, we had died, but thanks to Shimmer, and Singed the psycho doctor, we were reborn, and we would make things right, together..