00

Cherish the life you have. You never know how soon it will end.

"Morning Kimmie." a good-humored male voice could be heard, at which Kim saved herself the trouble of turning around to see who had just entered the hangar.

"Kim," the short-haired woman promptly corrected the visitor, taking down her clipboard and looking into the, as always, beaming face of Pete Mitchell, "My name is Kim."

"You'll be Kimmie to me," whereupon Kim gave Pete a sober look and turned away shaking her head, taking out a sticker from between pages of the clipboard and sticking it on the door at an airplane, "Oh come on, be nice to me. I've got something for you. Top Gun."

"I'm an analyst and coordinator," Kim called back to the dark-haired man in a sing-song voice, but Pete started to laugh, however it only led to her taking her things down again, very slowly, this time, and inhaling and exhaling audibly once before walking back to him, "What am I doing there? I don't belong to the Navy. Especially since I don't feel like where this is going. Frost. Do you want me to say more? Great."

"It doesn't change anything," along with those words, Pete tucked a folded piece of paper under the silver clip and tapped the piece of paper twice with his index finger.

The Navy Fighter Weapons School for elite aviator. The best of the best came there to make them even better. An academy called Top Gun by the recruits.

Where the first 'problem' already lay. It was a school for naval pilots and Kim was not. Not even a soldier. Independent consultant, that may be, but nothing more and even that time, was over. Sometimes, one may.... you shouldn't listen to other people.