20

Whose jurisdiction was Mitchell and Kim's little flight? In that, of so some persons. Some, however, didn't want to have anything to do with it, either because they didn't want the hassle and trouble, or because it was Maverick, where point one applied, or because they liked the captain, and therefore, moved it on to another place. Am it ended up where it started. At the Top Gun Academy, with Simpson. The admiral had fired the pilot, while preparing a mission and the flight was to prove that it was possible. Whose job it was to take care of what had gone on.

"I'll handle it," Pete said, shoving Kim back into the hallway, who had received the same memo as the captain, and pointing down the hallway as the brown-haired woman tried to pass him, "You go now. No. Discussion. Go now."

That tone was new to Kim, so she looked uncertainly from Mitchell to Bates, who had taken them in and with a slight movement of his head, gestured to the end of the hallway.

Just do it.

•●•

Everyone, really everyone, had noticed this action and also that there would be a conversation about it today.

Kim would have preferred to wait in the corridor of the office, but Admiral Bate's head movement said that she had to go. Without discussion. Right it wasn't. Not by a long shot. It took a few moments for her to leave when the door was closed behind the two men. It didn't change anything, so she had gone to the common room where all the photos hung and where she could work in peace during the last days when she was here and not at home.

"Why Kerberos?", Fanboy wanted to know right away, as soon as Kim had entered the room, making her wince because she had assumed to be alone.

"Ask Mitchell," Kim replied with a cursory glance at the pilot, walking past the foosball table and dropping onto one of the two couches, where she began to drum her fingers tensely on the backrest, "Next time, just shut up, Kim. And don't interfere."

"Your father is Iceman... was, sorry, my condolences on that again. They named you Frost because you're his daughter," continued Coyote, however, who didn't understand why Kim wanted to get rid of the name rather than wear it, "So why Kerberos? Isn't it a compliment if your call sign matches your father's?"

"No, it's not," Kim replied coolly, causing Coyote and all of Pete's airmen, to look directly at the brunette, if only because her father had just passed away, "You said yourself why the name is terrible. Iceman's daughter. A curse and a blessing at the same time, just like the name Kazansky. Who wants to be reduplicated on their parents? Not me."

"Good, we've cleared that up. So it's going to be a Rottweiler," Jake now butted in as well, facing Kim, leaning forward to her and clasping his hands around her legs, causing her to give him a 'be careful what you say in a minute' look, "Your mom is nice and as she said to me, you don't exactly take after her. So is it safe to assume you take after your dad. Still, the name of a dog suits you better, if only because you said to her you were getting one."

"That's about the most awful compliment I've ever heard," it came from Phoenix, "And I've already heard a lot of things, a lot of things, come out of your mouth. If she's a dog to you, I'd be careful. That dog certainly bites."

"She has. Several times," Jake replied unimpressed without looking at Phoenix, who instead continued to look at Kim and put on his smug smile, "My back is fine, thanks for asking. So, um, you and I are going to have a dog. I can live with that just fine. What else should I know, besides the surprise that Maverick actually taught you to fly?"

Instead of answering Jake, because Kim knew exactly what the pilot wanted to know, she pulled her phone out of her pocket, started typing, and handed it to him. It wasn't a matter of typing in his number, as the pilot initially assumed. Certainly it wasn't. Speaking it out loud, that was the point. And not letting everyone know about it.

The ensuing reaction had been predictable. Unexpected hit it best. Reading the four words, it was obvious to Jake that it was something the airman hadn't expected, and therefore needed a moment before he let out no more than a 'huh'. The blond had not expected that. In addition, his 'huh' should also come from the fact that the one, did not come from nowhere and was due to something else.

Vice Admiral Beau Simpson.