03

Very much why Maverick had been ordered back to Top Gun, and the never-going-up captain, had added Kim in some form, the man didn't want to tell, as it wasn't the best place for it. One more night, until tomorrow morning, she would have to wait, she should be able to do that, then everything would be cleared up.

Since Kim was basically only a civilian with experience in the Navy, she would have liked to know in advance whether that was clarified with her being there, or clarified, whereupon Pete merely tilted his head to the side, took a sip of his beer and a, as good as, was to be heard. According to this, nothing had been clarified yet. Presumably, the pilot would just take his chances. In the best case, no one knew of his plan. In any case, it would own annoyance according to. But, what was already trouble, if from Pete Maverick Mitchell the speech was?

"You're a jerk," Kim chortled good-humoredly into her glass after Penny rang the bell announcing to the patrons that there was a local round, since Pete's phone was on the counter, "You really don't have it with rules. I hope you have enough money on you or a card that's not overdrawn."

As if.

'Anyone who disrespects a lady or the Navy, or puts their phone on my counter, throws a pub round.'

A reason to love this woman. Crowded it was, nonetheless, no matter what Penny claimed.

"Penny my dear?", Jake approached the bar, "Another four on the old timer.... oh and for your sharp-tongued employee there, something like, say, a Sex on the Beach maybe, because it's not going to happen with her any other way."

"Sex on the Beach?" repeated Kim in a disinterested tone, looking into provocative smiles from Hangman across from her, "I guess someone hasn't had one on the beach yet, otherwise you'd know that there are clearly more pleasant places. Oh wait that's right, you wouldn't know that. We've already established why that is, but thanks anyway. Very obliging."

"You're welcome," Jake replied, turning to Mitchell after Penny had given him his drinks to wink at him, "Thanks Pops."

The word humble would not be on Hangman's tombstone by any stretch of the imagination. That much was certain. Rather, such words as arrogant, self-absorbed; narcissistic; condescending; conceited or arrogant.

>Bradshaw, as I stand here.

》Hangman, you.... look good.

>Yes, I am good Rooster. I'm very good. In fact, I'm too good to be true.

"Wow," it escaped Kim at the meeting of the two boys, which she had only overheard as she left the bar for the beach side, "Just. Wow."

It just kept getting better.