𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗜𝗡𝗦 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗜𝗠𝗘 - 𝗢𝗥𝗜𝗚𝗜𝗡𝗦 - 𝗥𝗜𝗦𝗜𝗡𝗚

LIBERIA
1989

——————————————————————————————————————————————

BOOMING EXPLOSIONS ERUPTED in all directions. Loud gunshots and followed screams were all that could be made clear from the perspective of two people, standing side by side. Tears stream down the face of one of the two people. A woman, a mother, as she watches her childhood village and neighbors, whom she grew up with, be burned to the ground and ruthlessly killed.

"Please, stay behind me. I love you so much, Y/N." The mother whispered to the child next to her now known as Y/N. Hearing people he grew up with screaming and crying while weapons are being fired terrifies Y/N, who is only 5 years old. If he could, he would help in any way that possible. Unfortunately, He too is defenseless and above all, weak.

Bloodied bodies of inculpable townspeople laid on the floor. More shots were fired, bodies dropped to the floor in pools of blood and more screaming insured. Fortunately, because he was hiding behind his mother, Y/N was unable to see anything. Unfortunately, curiosity got the best of him, and he peered to the side of his mother with one half of his face being shown. His E/C eye shining from the fires all around.

The townspeople were drawn to a man with a rifle. Who, based on his appearance did not appear to be from this locality. "We don't have all day! You listen to us, and it's all over. That's easy. Am I understood?" The soldier said.

Out of bravery or idiocy a few citizens rushed at the soldier with sharp objects to try stop the man from killing anymore. The soldier took a step back and rapidly fired at all 3 of the citizens, leaving them to die on the wet ground.

"Now, do I make myself clear?!" Yelled the soldier as he reloaded his rifle. Everything happened in front of Y/N's eyes and it shocked him to the core. His mother took note of this and grasped his hands behind her back.

"Now, I ask all of you with kids to hand them over." The soldier commanded with a stern face. Many parents felt conflicted seconds after this question was asked. The majority of the parents held their children close to them, but others gave in to the soldier and handed them over.

Y/N clutched his mother's hand tightly, still shaken by the death that had occurred in front of him only a few minutes before. "See? Wasn't so hard right? Now, anyone else still with a kid, hand them over. I promise that it'll be over quickly and they will be in good hands."

"No! You're a liar! So, what are you going to do with them? Tell us where they'll be if they're so safe!" The soldier was bravely asked by another mother next to Y/N. The soldier locked his gaze on her. "I'm afraid I'm unable to respond to your question, Ma'am." The soldier replied, his gaze fixed on the ground. "No! We will not surrender our children! You can't treat us like this!" Once more, the mother responded.

"Y'know what? Let this bitch be an example for you all!" The soldier stated before firing 3 shots into the poor mother's chest. "Mama!" the mothers child cried. "Sir, they're not cooperating," the soldier said, raising his hand to his ear. "Please send some troops here."

The crying child knelt next to his dying mother. Before laying her head on the ground and dying, the mother took the boy's hand in hers and whispered inaudible words only the boy could hear. Three troops arrived at the same time. The soldier in the middle, on the other hand, was an older man with white hair and a white beard. The middle soldier remained still while the other two fetched the grieving boy, and Y/N paid great attention to the events occurring in front of him.