Date Night

Tubbo pov:

I decided to ignore what happened for the rest of the day, it went quite quickly anyway.

Before I knew it, it was becoming the evening and tommy was forcing me into my room and coercing me to try on new outfits with colour combinations I couldn't even begin to believe would work.

"Tommy i don't think this is necessary" I said, sucking in a breath, the jumper he had me try on was particularly tight

"Tubs you need to look the best you can be, it's called a date not a get together"

"Tommy I'm not a material girl, I'm sure my normal clothes will be fine" i grunted turning slightly and ripping my jumper

Tommy sighed, slapping at his own thighs before standing "can you atleast wear this... since you're being petulant"

I rolled my eyes as I saw the new top he was holding up, a standard green button up, I took one look at it and smiled, it was nice.
"Don't get me wrong it would look better if you had blonde here, but it'll work"

I didn't bother to argue anymore, instead I went into my bathroom, put on the shirt and jeans and looked at myself in the mirror.
I felt confident, a different kind of confident than what I'm used to, normally if I was confident it was because I'd revised relentlessly for a test, when I was sure I knew everything.
This type of confident felt like I could strut into London palace, take the crown and become king.

"Yeah... you look good" I heard tommy say from behind me, I didn't even hear him come in.

"I think so" I replied

————————

Tommy practically followed me all the way to the bowling alley, and then once we got there he walked to a different alley and began bowling with another group of people, I assumed they were his friends but I'd never seen them before.

Before I could attempt to make out the other group I felt a tapping on my back, I turned around and saw Lexi smiling brightly and jumping up and down.
"Hey Lexi" I smiled.
She pulled me in for a hug and we began the date.

The first third of the date was great. It went swimmingly, we bought snacks and drinks, arguably the only downside was the fact that Lexi beat me in all three games we played.

Once we left I saw in the car park Tommy talking to a group of people, amongst them was the same biker man from earlier, the one I was told to chauffeur around school.
I wanted to walk over to see why Tommy was talking to him of all people, but Lexi grabbed my arm and started waking towards the ice cream parlour.

Once we sat down, I began heading to the counter, ready to order
"What can I get you" the worker asked
"Vanilla for me please" I smiled as he tapped on his screen
"And for your girlfriend?" He added
"Oh no she's- we're- it's just a date at the moment" I stuttered horribly
"Alright kid, what will your date be having?" He repeated after chuckling slightly
"Peanut butter... I think that's what she said" I laughed and stroke the back of my neck
"Gheez, it's always the cute ones that date the girls with the worst taste" the man muttered under his breath whilst tying it in to his machine

I paid for the ice cream and ignored his comment and began heading towards Lexi and I's table.
Once I turned around I saw she was talking to some guy, he had long shaggy hair that past his shoulders, almost like a non muscular surfer... and minus the semi good looks.

As I began walking to the table both Lexi and the man noticed me soon after the man walked past me and out of the store.

"Who was that?" I asked placing the ice cream in front of her

"Oh. That's my brother, he was just checking up on me" she smiled.

I nodded and began eating at my ice cream.

We exchanged looks whilst we both ate, occasionally cracking jokes and laughing at one an other, unfortunately on one particularly good joke by myself, Lexi wafted her hands around and knocked her ice cream onto the floor.

I immediately stood up, and rushed to her side of the table, almost completely slipping over, before I could come into contact with the ground I threw my arms around trying to maintain balance.
It didn't work

Instead I my arms flew through the air and came into contact with Lexi, I heard her gasp in surprise.
I quickly stood up and moved my hands back, trying my hardest to comfort her
"Oh my god Lexi I'm so sorry!" I cried, I didn't know what to do. I heard the store door slam open, and loud stomps of a boot heading towards my direction.

"You're fucking dead!" A man said as he gripped my shirt shoved me against a wall

I stared into his eyes and I could feel my soul leaving my body.
Lexi's brother was the scariest man I'd ever seen

"Why the fuck are you hitting my sister!" He screamed

"It was an accident- I- I slipped" I cried out

"You think I'm an idiot! I saw you hit hurt then fall over like some fucking moron"
Hit teeth gritted and I could see spit beginning to drool down his chin.

I tried to look away but as I did I felt the pressure on my chest drop. My body fell with it to the floor, I looked up and saw Lexi's brother held against the wall next to where I was, with a hand on his throat and a pocket knife pointed towards his eyes.

Holding that knife was the same tall biker from earlier
"Leave him the fuck alone" he growled
"He's under my care got it. You hurt him, I hurt you" the man added, twisting his knife in his hand and edging it ever so slightly closer to the other.

A few infinitely long seconds past before the biker finally let go of Lexi's brother and turned to me, picking me up by shoulder and dragging me out of the store
"You're coming with me" he said "I don't care about the school but you can show me around the town"

"What the fuck! Who are you?" I cried out just before he sat me on his back

"Just call me Ranboo"