Chapter 1

"I love you."

"But-"

"But nothing. I will always love you. You can't push me away. And nothing that has happened in the past can change that. I. Love. you."

"I love you too Emma..."

At this point Regina and Emma had been dating for months. The curse had just broken this same day and the townspeople wanted her head. But Emma wasn't gonna let that happen.

"Now, I want your side of the story..."

So she told her. Everything. She told her of how her mother abused and used her for power and status. How her mother killed the love of her life right in front of her. Of when she had to marry Snow White's father and how he had abused and raped her multiple times. Of how she killed him and many, many others after him. She told her all of it. By the end tears were streaming down her face and she was sobbing. All Emma could do was hug her and whisper sweet nothings in her ear.

"And then you came along..." She finished.

"Wow," was all Emma could say. She was shocked at how such a broken women could keep up such a badass persona.

She understood. All of it. She'd done some bad things herself and she knows that Regina has changed. Changed for Henry. For her.

"I still love you by the way."
Regina let's out a watery chuckle.

A few hours later

"Let's go. Let's just take Henry and run. Because what the hell else are we supposed to do? Those people want you dead and they won't stop until you are."

The townspeople want Regina dead. They want to burn her at the stake and they cannot understand why the savior is protecting the Evil Queen.

Emma's parents had tried to reach out to her to get her on their side. She refused to speak to them especially now that she knew the whole story and how her mother had played a big part in Regina's evil era and didn't even try to acknowledge that. They texted her, called her, sent voicemails, even some emails. All of them said the same thing, "Regina's evil and not to be trusted. She just wants revenge and is not capable of loving anyone but herself." Snow White and her prince were her parents (apparently) and she surprised herself when she thought about how she really did not want anything to do with them. She had always wanted a family and now she could have one if she wanted, but she loved Regina too much to be around people who'd bad mouth her like that.

"Are you sure about this Emma? I know how much you've always wanted a family and now you have one and you want to give them up for me. I lied to you for months before all this-" Regina whispers as she packs a few things to bring with them. They decided to leave as soon as possible and to pack as little as possible.

Emma still had some savings in Boston and Regina also had some money saved up in a bank outside of town if worse did come to worse and she had to take Henry and leave town.

"Regina stop overthinking. I love you. I don't need them. I hardly even know them and from all the calls and texts I've gotten from them I don't want to be around them." Emma sighs,"I can't bare to be around people who would bad mouth you like that. You are my family. You and the kid are all I need." She says as she flops down on Regina's bed.

"Okay..." Regina says hesitantly. "I think that's it."

"Let's get Henry and go then."

10 minutes later

"Everybody's got everything right?" Regina and Henry nod.

"Okay then, let's hit the road." Emma says.

And so they left.

The next morning

The townspeople had stormed Regina's mansion (Snow and Charming leading the pack). Luckily by then Regina and Emma were out. They looked everywhere and had come to the conclusion that Regina had fled. So they left it. They stopped looking for her and after about 2 weeks everything in town kind of calmed down except for some people who thought that Regina was just hiding to plan her next move.

Boston-about a month later

Emma and Regina came to the conclusion that together their savings could get them about a 2 bedroom apartment. So they went apartment hunting. They found a perfect place and at this point they were just finishing up paperwork.

A week later in Storybrooke

"David we need to find Emma. I think Regina put her under some sort of spell or kidnapped her. We haven't seen her since around the time Regina disappeared."

"You're right Snow. We need to find her." Charming replied.

Boston that same week

They got the apartment!

They had just moved in and changed their phone numbers, email addresses, and phones (they had some left over money from their savings).

They had also started paperwork to enroll Henry in school. Emma had also been able to get a job at the Police department in Boston. Regina had always had a thing for animals so she decided she wanted to go to school to become a veterinarian.

Boston-6 years later

Regina and Emma have done good. They got married about 2 years ago and they've adopted 2 girls in the past few years. Rose Swan-Mills and Amari Swan-Mills. Regina was able to become a vet and she absolutely loves her job and her life. If you'd have asked her 20 years ago if she ever thought she'd be this happy she'd have said you're crazy.

Regina was having a nice night at home hanging out with her little family when DING DONG. Oh did I mention that they bought a beautiful 2-story house about 2 years before they had gotten married. It was quite similar to Regina's house in Storybrooke.

Regina opens the door and as she sees who's behind it her blood runs cold...

1.0k words