Meredith + Nick (3)

The next morning, Meredith woke up to Nick's arm still losely holding her in his embrace as she was slightly leaning against him on her back, the first rays of sunshine coming through her window. Yet, she felt less motivated than she had in a long time.

She stayed like that for some time, trying to take in this feeling of having him around, of the comfort he was providing her, the sort of calmness he was transmitting in between all the stress she ha been surrounded by.

"Hey." She heard Nick's voice, as he let his arm caress over her side, up her arm until he put some hair behind her ear before putting a small kiss on her temple and then went back to caress over her arm again.

"Morning." Meredith turned her head towards him, giving him a small smile. She carefully leaned down to press a kiss on his hand that was caressing over upper arm, not wanting to move from the comfortable position she was in, but still wanting to show that love to him too.

"How are you?" Nick asked her softly.

"Like I don't want to get up." She whispered, cuddling herself slightly deeper into his side.

He didn't answer, but she felt him, pulling her closer, making a small smile appear on her lips at the way he just knew and understood what she most wanted in that moment.

"How are you?" Meredith asked after some moments, turning her head as much that she could see him over her shoulder.

"I'm okay."

"Are you sure?" Meredith asked softly, not completely convinced.

"Yeah." He whispered, putting another kiss in her hair.

They kept laying like this a little longer, enjoying the warmth and comfort of this moment until they heard their first alarm, which Nick quickly turned off, noticing that Meredith didn't move an inch.

"You don't plan on getting up today?" Nick asked quietly, without any judgment.

"Not really." He heard her chuckle slightly, yet he could feel the truth in those words that she tried to overplay.

"Okay." He laid down with her again, this time able to see her face a little better "But... Are you up for some work talk?" Nick asked carefully a small smile on his lips to convince her.

"No... but... as long as I can lay here." She answered with the same smile, turning a little more towards him.

"Okay..." he started slowly "Through the blood donation program we should have enough for the next couple of days, it's not much but... it's a start. Also... I did talk to Maggie and Amelia yesterday and they agreed to help out to come up with a plan. We can all make small parts, like making the OR plan or taking over your surgeries..." he gave her a small smile before he added "You are not alone and you don't need to do this alone."

At that Meredith just smiled at him, meeting his eyes, just staying like this for some time.

"Thank you." She whispered. And then she added a little lighter, making them chuckle "For work talk it wasn't even that bad."

"See." Nick responded, leaning in to kiss her.

They kept laying tangled up in each other for some time until their alarm went off again.

"Okay, I think we need to get up now." Nick said, a little too enthusiastically for Meredith's liking this early in the day, as he got up from the bed, reaching out his hand to help Meredith get up as well. Except... she had no intention to get up.

"It's way too comfortable here..." She looked at Nick, making him smile at her.

"But your kids want to school soon." He raised an eyebrow.