3: On The Train

- Y/n's Pov -

Here I was, on the train to a magical school. I was all alone in my compartment so I was just reading. I was kinda hoping someone would walk in so I could talk with someone.

And as if it was by command, someone stood by the door. 'E- ehm. Do you mind if I sit here? I can't find anywhere else.' The boy said.

He had brown curly hair and green eyes. His voice was really pretty.

'Of course! Sit down I don't mind!' I said, excited to have someone to talk to.

'I'm Y/n Y/l/n. And you?' 'Neville Longbottom. Nice to meet you.' The boy said in a soft voice.

'I'm already gonna tell you, this is my first year and I first learned about this whole wizzarding world a few weeks ago. So if I say something dumb it's because I'm pretty new to the whole magic stuff.' I said and giggled. 'That's okay. But, ehm, you don't really look 11. How old are you? If you don't wanna tell me that fine but I was just-' I started giggling which made him stop talking. 'Why are you laughing?' 'Nee, sorry. Dat was gewoon heel schattig (no, sorry. that was just really cute)". I said, still giggling.

'Uhm, what did you say?' Then I realized I was speaking dutch. 'Oh, sorry! I was speaking dutch, english isn't my first language.' I explained. 'Oh, okay. But why were you giggling?' He asked again. 'Oh, it was just really cute how you didn't wanna offend me with asking my age. But to answer that question, I'm 14. They just didn't pick up my magic sooner, I guess. I don't really understand either.'

After that Neville was just quiet, so I decided to start reading again.

-----------------------------------

- Neville's Pov -

I didn't know what to say after this. I wanted to continue our conversation, but I just didn't know what to say. This girl seemed really nice, happy and overal just reminded me of a ray of sunshine, I don't know why. I already felt myself warming up to her kind smile and happy voice. But if she get's to know me she probably doesn't wanna be friends. Who would wanna be friends with a loser like me?

I just couldn't bring out any words. Eventualy she picked up her book she was reading earlier.

'What are you reading?' I maneged to get out of my mouth. 'Heartstopper! You wanna know what it's about?' She asked. Her smile was so bright. 'S- sure.' I said, and she started explaining.

'So, heartstopper is about Charlie Spring, a teenager who was forced out of the closet. He's gay. At the beginning of book 1 he met Nick Nelson, the top rugby player of his school. Charlie quickly falls for him while nick is in a constant gay panic and questioning if he......" fast I couldn't focus on her words anymore. All I could focus on was her beautiful smile.

I'm such a simp.

Sorry for another short shapter!!