8: In The Rain

- Y/n's Pov -

Neville and I danced in the great hall.

This was a feeling I didn't knew I needed.

I felt his heart pounding. It went really fast.

Not that my heart wasn't though. Oh no, my heart was pounding really fast too.

He smelled like grass and soil, which made me think he was in the greenhouse earlier today, like everyday.

Neville was insicure, I knew that. But I wanted him to know that I loved him so bad. He was the sweetest and most caring boy I have ever met. I don't know why he's concidered a loser here at school.

The only thing most people know about him is that he likes plants, and they think it's his only personality trait. But in reality he's so much more then that.

He's kind.

He's caring.

He cares about his friends so much.

He wants people to be happy.

And I want him to be happy.

If anyone ever hurts him they'll end up with a broken arm. Or leg maybe, then they can't walk.

I'm getting ahead of myself. And it didn't matter in this moment.

The only thing that mattered was me and Neville.

Me and the only person I've ever loved.

---------------------

When the song ended we parted. I didn't want to, but the next song wasn't a slow song, so we needed to.

I looked up at Neville who stared at me. It looked like he was thinking.

Neville's Mind:

'Why do you think she likes you?'

'She would never date a loser like you.'

'Dork.'

'The only love you'll ever get is from your grandma.'

'She'll never like you.'

He looked really sad, maybe worried? It wasn't a positive emotion. That was for sure.

What was going on in his head?

'Hey, Neville? Are you okay?' I asked while I stroked his cheek with my thumb.

'E- ehm, yeah, I just need to go outside.' He said and walked off.

Why did he walk away? Didn't he enjoy our dance?

I followed him. 'Neville wait!' I said loudly.

I followed him all the way outside. It was pouring rain.

'Neville where are you going?' I asked. 'Please don't lie to me Y/n.' He said.

'Lie? What are you talking about?' I asked.

I was so concerned. What happend to him? 1 minute we're happily dancing and the next he walks away!

He turned around and looked to the ground. 'Please don't lie to me about your feelings.' He said, quietly. I could hear he was almost crying.

'My feelings? What are you talking about! Please tell me.' I said. I felt so bad for him even though I had no idea what he was talking about.

'You don't have to pretent you like me because you feel sorry for me.' He said, still looking down.

'Pretent?' 'Why would a girl as beautiful and amazing as you wanna go out with me? All the boys in the gryffindor commen room keep asking me for your number and keep drooling of you! Everyone likes you! Why would you wanna go out with a loser like me when all the other boys would be thrilled if you even look in their direction! You called me a friend. Please, just don't play with my feelings....' now I could hear him sob.

All the boys like me? How?! I haven't even said one thing to most of them! I'm not even popular!

And poor Neville.....

Does he really think I'm playing with his feelings? Does he really think I don't like him?

This boy is so insicure, even more then I already thought.

'Neville, listen-' 'please, just tell it to my face if you don't-' 'Neville.' I said, grabbing his face in my hands. He didn't say anything.

I stared into his eyes.

I brought his face closer and crashed our lips together.

I felt his shock when I kissed him, but kept going.

I'll show him that I love him.

His lips tasted like strawberries and were incredibly soft.

Addicting.

I moved my arms around his neck and stood on my toes.

Just kiss me back....

I felt him wrap his arms around me and his lips begin to move in harmony with mine.

This went on, and on, and on. I should've pulled away by now but I couldn't stop. He also didn't stop kissing me, which made me even happier.

I've daydreamed about my first kiss for so long. About the perfect boy.

Even when I was at Hogwards I kept daydreaming about the perfect boy. But what I didn't see was that the perfect boy was standing right infront of me all these months.

And now we were here. Sharing our first kiss in the pouring rain.

It was perfect.

He was perfect.

Just perfect.

After a few minutes we parted, staring at each other with our faces still close to each other. We breathed havily.

'Oh mijn god ik hou van jou. (Oh my god I love you)' I said, not realizing I was speaking dutch again.

'Ehm, you spoke dutch again.' Neville said.

'O- oh, sorry.' I said, giggling.

'What did you say?' Neville asked.

'Oh, ehm....'

I took a deep breath.

'Neville Longbottom. Will you be my boyfriend?'

-------------------------------

- Neville's Pov -

Did she really just ask that? Did she really ask me to be her boyfriend?....

The kissed we just shared was everything I've dreamed of and more.

Her lips on mine.... it felt like a dream.

This had to be a dream. But.... it wasn't.

This was real. We really did share our first kiss, she really did ask me to be her boyfriend. It was real.

'Y- yes, I'll be your boyfriend.' I said, smiling.

'Great.' She smiled.

She rested her head on my shoulder, and we just stood there.

We stood there, in the rain.

This was the best moment ever.

Just knowing I can call Y/n mine, was the best feeling in the world.