7: The Ball

- Y/n's Pov -

The ball was today. In an hour to be more specific. River, Sam and I had already changed. But Sam and River had invited some of their friends to do their hair and make up with us. Normaly people that don't share a dorm can't be in someone elses dorm, but Sam maneged to convince professor Mgonnagel. I don't know how she did it, but she did.

'Knock knock, can we come in?' Someone asked. 'Lucy you're here!' River said. 'Yep, Ace and Lyra are also here.' She said. Then 3 girls stepped into our dorm.

One (Lucy) had her hair dyed one side red and one side black. How did she get permission for that?

Another had long black hair tied in a ponytail. Her hair was really long, that must hurt.

And the 3d had light brown hair and heterochromia. One of her eyes was brown and the other was blue.

Fast the whole dorm corrupted into chaos with us all trying to get ready on time.

'Lucy that's my mascara.'

'Sorry.'

'Have any of you seen my sun shaped earings?'

'I think I saw them on a drawer somewhere.'

'Sam that's my hair straightener!'

While all that was going on, Ace and I were having a nice conversation.

'Who is your date?' 'Neville Longbottom, do you know him?' 'I've heard of him. Many people in Slytherin say he's a loser, but I don't think so. He's just shy and clumsy. That doesn't make him a loser.' Ace explained.

'That's great to hear. I've had a crush on him for a long time now.' 'Well I can see you like him with how much mascara you're putting on one eye lash.' Then I saw I wasn't paying attention and one eye lash was way darker then the other. 'Darn it!' I said. Ace laughed a little. 'Not funny. Anyways, who's your date?' 'Arrow. He's someone in Gryffindor and I hate him with all my heart.' 'Then why did you say yes.' 'I didn't Lyra did it for me. She keeps saying we have an "Enemies to Lovers" relationship but we don't.' I laughed a little.

Ace seemed nice. I've heard she has some anger issues, but I didn't see that right now. Doesn't mean she doesn't have them. But it was nice to talk to her.

--------------------------

When we were all ready Lucy got a text from her boyfriend saying he and the other boys were standing outside the portrait whole waiting for us, so we went to them.

Everyone went outside the commen room. I saw them all greet their dates.

Lucy's boyfriend had light blond hair. It was more of a silver tone. He kissed her hand and they walked to the great hall together.

Lyra's date had black hair that looked like it had a green shine on it. He was shorter then Lyra and walked on crutches. Lyra had told me earlier he has a fysical dissability. Poor boy.

Arrow was pretty short, had light brown hair and wore a mouthmask. Why? It's not like we're in a global pandemic or something.

Then River went to her date, Elias. I've met him a bit earlier. He's seems pretty nice. River told me he's a bit of a flirt, but that she likes that.

Then Sam walked up to Astro, her date. He was really tall. Like, he was probably 6'2, and he's only 15!! His hair was covering the left side of his face.

When they all walked away, I smoothed out my dress, took a deep breath and walked out of the commen room.

Neville stood there, he looked so handsome in a suit.

---------------------------------------

- Neville's Pov -

When Y/n walked out of the Y/h commen room, I held my breath. She looked absolutly beautiful in her dress.

Does anyone else just loose the ability to breath? That's what I had in that moment.

She walked up to me. 'Hi.' She smiled. I couldn't believe this stunning girl wanted to go to the ball with me.

She was absolutly beathtaking.

I stared at her and said nothing. I just couldn't discribe how beautiful she looked.

'Ehm, hello? Earth to Neville.' She said, still smiling. She waved her hands for my face which brought be back to reality. 'Oh, ehm, yeah. Y- you look beautiful.' I maneged to get out. She blushed and said: 'thanks' in a soft and quite tone.

'Should we go?' She asked. 'Y- yeah. Let's go.'

--------------------------

The ball was very busy. Which was predictible since the whole school was gonna be there.

Suddenly a slow dance song started playing. I wanted to dance with her so bad. I kept trying to ask her but the words just wouldn't come out of my mouth.

Why am I like this?

'Neville.' I suddenly heard her ask.

'Y- yes Y/n?'

'Can we dance?....' she asked shyly.

'E- ehm...'

'Come on! Say yes! You know you wanna dance with her!!' I thought.

'O- okay...' I maneged to say.

She put her hands on my shoulders. I gently put my hands on her waist and we started dancing. We stared at each other. My heart was pounding 2 times faster then it should. I swear she could hear it.

I stared into her eyes. They were a deep galaxy of Y/e/c and I quikly drowned in them.

How can someone be this perfect?

Suddenly she wrapped her arms tigher around my neck and rested her head on my chest.

I was beyond flustered.

I blushed. My arms wouldn't do what I wanted them to, which was to pull her closer into our dance.

After a few seconds they finaly let me grab her tighter.

We danced in silence. I couldn't hear anyone else that was there anymore.

It was just me and Y/n.

The person that made me a love sick fool for almost a year now.

The person that I couldn't get out of my mind no matter what I did.

If only I knew if she felt the same way....