Mom

Cordelia is readers mother figure

TW: Abondonment, depression, yelling, barely eating

Reader has a bad day thinking about their mother and takes it out on Cordelia

It was all starting again. Staying up all night, sleeping all day, skipping all meals just so I could lay in bed. My pillows haven't been dry in a few days. Every time the doorbell rings, I hope it's my mother coming by to at least say hello to me. But deep down I always know it's not. She dropped me off here a little more than 2 years ago after I lit her curtains on fire while she was yelling at me. She called me a disgrace and that she didn't raise me to be this person. She told me not to text or call her, and that she no longer wanted a relationship with me.

My birthday was 3 days ago and I don't know why, but I thought that maybe she'd call. I got my hopes up and ended up disappointing myself like always. But Cordelia tried so hard to make it up to me. She let me skip my classes and came in my room at 10am with pancakes while singing happy birthday. She always knew how to comfort me and she never backed away when my emotions got hard. But for some reason, today was much worse than the rest. I woke up to my alarm at 6:30, signifying that it was time for me to get up and get ready for class. But I just couldn't. I turned it off and rolled back over, a few silent tears rolling down my face. Why are you like this? Just get out of bed. It's not that hard. You're such a disappointment. I shook the thoughts away and went back to sleep. I was awoken by Cordelia softly walking through my room, trying her best to keep her heels from echoing throughout my room. She sat down next to me on my bed and brushed a few strands of hair out of my face.

"Sweetheart it's time to get up. You're going to be late". Her voice as soft as a blanket on a cold winter day.

"I don't feel well can I just stay in bed?" Part of me knew that she wouldn't buy that excuse. Don't get me wrong, my pale skin and sunken in eyes make me look like a walking corpse, but Cordelia knew me better than I knew myself. She knows the difference between when I'm sick and when my depression is acting up.

She reached over and put the back of her hand on my forehead to check my temperature. "You don't feel warm. How about we get you up and see if some breakfast helps". Her smile was contagious but I was starting to get mad. I don't want her to keep pushing me.

"Cordelia please leave me alone."

"Honey lets just get up and I'll make a potion to make you feel better."

"I SAID LEAVE ME ALONE. YOU'RE NOT MY MOTHER". Tears started falling from my eyes. The truth is, I don't want her to go. I want her to hold me and tell me that everything is going to be okay. That I don't need the woman that gave birth to me. And that's exactly what she did.

She crawled into bed with me and pulled me into her lap, holding me and rocking me back and forth. I gripped onto her shirt while silently screaming. She kept whispering the same things in my ear: "Shh I'm here" "You're okay" "I have you" "Let it all out".

After about 10 minutes, I finally calmed down and pulled away so that I could look at her. "I'm sorry for yelling at you. I didn't mean it."

"I know honey. It's okay. I'm not mad at you."

"I just wished that she called" I mumbled hoping that she would hear it.

"I know. I don't want to make you upset, but she doesn't deserve to have a child like you. You are the sweetest, most selfless person I have ever met."

"Thank you Delia... For everything. For taking me in and giving me someone to look up to you. I don't know why I'm still so hungup over her. You're more of a mother to me than she could ever be. I'm so grateful for you."

"I love you so much bug. Thank you for letting me into your life."

"You may not be my mother biologically, but you will always be my mom."

I finally realized that I had already found the person that I longed so much for. I found my mom.

Sorry if this sucks. I didn't proofread so let me know if there are any mistakes. But yoooo it's been a hot minute since I've been on here. I've just had writers block and literally no motivation to write. See you guys in probably 2 months when I finally decide to write again. Love youuu