You're a masterpiece

Reader endures a manic episode
Tammy is readers sister

TW: Bipolar disorder, mania, medication, (i think thats it??)

The ring of the doorbell broke me away from rearranging the living room for the third time this week. I sprinted to the door to be met with an expected sight; another package. I quickly grabbed some scissors from the kitchen and opened it, to see the clothes I ordered online. My new tv hung above the fireplace, facing the new couch and massage chair. An unopened box of books lay next to the bookshelf. Scattered across the floor were countless amazon boxes, and my laptop sat on the coffee table, prepared for the next purchase. My phone buzzed, "Your package has been delivered... Tell us how we did!" flashing across the screen.

I quickly tried on all of the clothes, throwing them on the living room floor with no intent on picking them up. I went to the kitchen and poured myself a glass of water, a bottle of pills caught my attention out of the corner of my eye. "I don't need them. I'm perfectly fine." I chugged my water and decided to go sit on my new couch and make some rainbow loom bracelets for everyone I know. Crossing the last band, I finished the 12th one for my sister Tammy. I started on another one, and next thing I knew there were at least 30 bracelets dispersed across the table. I heard a knock at the door and figured there was another package, but the knocking persisted. Opening the door, I was met with the sight of my older sister. I quickly engulfed her in a hug and pulled her inside so that I could show her the bracelets I made her.

Tammy's POV

I had been texting my little sister, gaining short answer responses every once in a while, until they abruptly stopped 3 days ago. Every minute that past had made me worry even more. She was diagnosed with bipolar disorder when she was 16, and she was terrified. There were countless nights where she'd cry, thinking that she was broken and no one would ever love her. When her texts got shorter and shorter, I was suspicious that she was entering another episode, and my suspicions were answered when she stopped answering altogether. When I pulled into her driveway, I noticed 2 packages sitting on her porch. I knocked for at least 2 minutes before being pulled into a bone crushing hug and next thing I knew, I was standing in her house. Her usually pristine home was trashed; boxes and bubble mailers everywhere. There was broken glass on the ground, with dead flowers next to it. I immediately ran to the kitchen, to find her pill bottle full.

"Tammy look" She yelled from the living room.

I walked in to see her holding what seemed like millions of homemade bracelets in her arms. "These are all for you. I made them myself. If you want more let me know. This was all I could finish before you showed up." She had a huge smile on her face and my heart broke. My poor little sister's brain was fighting against her. I grabbed a small amazon box from the floor for her to put them in so that I could take them home. I had no idea what I would do with them, but if I tried to protest against this, I knew she would get angry and upset. "Thank you sweetheart, I love them."

I sat on her couch, patting next to me so that she would sit. I made a mental note that the couch was new, and looking at the tv, I saw that it was too. This is worse than I thought. "Honey, are you feeling okay?"

"Yes Tammy, I'm great. I've been feeling so well recently. So much energy and I'm the happiest person on this planet. Hey. I have an idea."

"And what would that be?"

"Let's go to Disney, either Land or World. You choose. I can order us new suitcases and we can leave tomorrow after they get here." My heart broke again, if that's even possible.

"I don't want to anger you or make you upset, but when was the last time you took your meds?" I tried to approach this calmly, but I feared her reaction.

"Last week. I started feeling good so I stopped taking them. But it's okay because I'm cured now!"

I got up and walked to the kitchen, searching all of the cabinets until I found the specific pill bottle I was looking for. It was a sedative that we give her so that we can force her to take her mood stabilizer without a major fight. I grabbed a glass and filled it up, walking back out. I knew that this would be hard on both of us, so I made the decision to lie. "Here, I got you some advil. I bet your back hurts from lifting all of these boxes." I bit my lip, hoping she would fall for it.

"Yes, it does. Thank you so much." She took the pill and water, downing it. I let out a quiet sigh, knowing that the hard part was over. As she visibly calmed down and relaxed, I grabbed the other pill out of my pocket, pressing it to her lips. "Here sweetheart, one more." And without even the slightest bit of hesitation, she took that one too. She moved onto her side laying down, and I slipped a blanket over her. "I'm sorry but I had to do it." I whispered to her, before placing a gentle kiss on her forehead as she drifted to sleep.

I started packing unimportant items into boxes, taping them up so that they'll be ready to send back.

She wasn't just my sister, she was my best friend and practically my daughter. I did everything I could to raise her, and it hurt me so much to see her like this. I just wanted to protect her. I know that lying to her was wrong, but in the end, it was the right thing to do. I called her therapist to explain what happened and scheduled her an appointment for tomorrow, which I would be accompanying her to. I walked over to her, gently lifting her head and sliding in so that her head rested on my lap. I stroked her hair, while whispering, "You aren't broken, you're a masterpiece. Your brain isn't damaged, it just needs a little help sometimes, and that's okay. I'm going to be here every step of the way, even after you're stable again." She shifted slightly, and I knew that even in her sleep, she heard me.

idk what tf this was lmao but enjoy ig. thanks for being patient with me, i appreciate it <3