Ch.2 Busted Lips & Faking It

The two greasers managed to sit half way through the movie before the urge to break something got too great. So with finished concessions they made their way out the drive in the same way that had entered, through the hole in the fence.

Slipping his arms through the arms of the jacket Ponyboy looked up at Dallas "So where's this fight you promised?"

"Eager for a fight huh? That's new, but it's over by Buck's I can rile a few dumb guys into a brawl no sweat" Placing his hands interlaced on the back of his head the brunett led the way, intriquiged by the way the normally goody two shoes Pony wasn't protesting about being near the bar he wasn't allowed.

Buck's was loud and packed as usual, staying on the porch like he was told Pony waited. Not long after two guys stumbled out followed by Dallas, both raring for a fight. A two on two clean fight. Looking at the men Pony knew they were part of Shepard's gang, but when the big one took a swing at him he ducked and swung back. Ignoring the protest of Dally telling him to take the smaller one.

Pony held no care for his own safety at the moment all he wanted to do was fight, bust some lips and get one in return. With the brawl getting off the porch and into the parking lot the four of them became a mess of limbs and blood. Someone lost a tooth somewhere in the fight, but the two greasers knew it had to be one of the others because when the fight finished the two still had all their teeth despite bloody smiles.

At the end the two from Shepard's gang had lost, probably two drunk to fight proper against the sober. A dirty tactic but nothing too bad. Dally had a bruise forming good on his left cheek, probably a few bruised ribs by tell of pain in his side but he had fought the smaller of the two. He also had a busted lip, Pony adoring a matching one. The auburn teen who had decided that the bigger one was his looked worse for wear. Hair out of its grease and a cut on his cheek from the guy's ring. His nose looked crooked but it wasn't broke so some force would put it back right. He was walking with a limp, favoring his right leg. It was a wonder to the two that neither had a black eye.

Holding his breath the younger let Dallas put his nose back right, letting out a shout at the pain it caused. Along with the shoulder that he'd popped outta place. With busted lips and knuckles the two made their way to the Curtis house where the older two were probably fussing something fierce because by the time the fight had ended it was nearing midnight and the movie was supposed to end at eleven.

The pair only knew the time because they had gone into Buck's to get some ice for their bruising. Buck had laughed at them and told them not to fight that hard next time, but that he had seen the fight through the window and if Pony ever wanted to fight like that again he was welcome over any time.

By the time Ponyboy and Dally had stepped onto the porch they could hear Darry shouting something fierce. With a quick goodbye to Dally who was already on his way to the gate, Ponyboy stepped inside.

Inside the door he was met with a shout from Darry and a tired comment from Soda.

"Where the hell have you been? Do you know what time it is?"

"I know Darry, it's midnight, can you quit your shoutin'? I think I got a concussion" Holding his head now that the adrenaline had fully worn off Pony looked away from the lights.

Crossing his arms the oldest Curtis sighed heavily "Great you've been in a fight. Been hangin' around with Dally haven't ya"

"So what if I have, sides it's not like you have time to hang with me" Turning to step around Darry he was stopped by the hand on his shoulder

"You know I have to work to pay these damn bills, you're job is to stay in school and outta trouble so you don't wind up in a boys home"

Shrugging off his hand Pony made his way to his and Soda's room. Realizing only then he still wore Dally's jacket. Letting the large leather fall from his shoulders he slung it over the back of the desk chair. Getting down to nothing but his boxers the tired teen slumped into bed, already half way to sleep by the time his middle brother came in from talking with Darry.