Ch. 3 Winter Days & Warm Cuddles

Walking out of the Dairy Queen with two cokes and ice creams that Pony had hustled from the poor worker the two greasers made their way down to the vacant lot.

"So Dal, what're we doin' with this fake datin'?" Looking at the older man as he sits down Pony laid back on the grass taking a lick of his chocolate cone.

Shrugging softly Dally ran a hand through his hair "I dunno, I ain't never dated a guy before. What would ya want if we were real datin'?"

"Real datin' huh? Well for starts I'd want physical contact ya know, like we see those couples at the drive in being all pda"

"I can do that, the question is Pony whether we're doin' the kissin' part of that or not" Watching the younger teen flush to his ears the older chuckled warmly and laid back beside him taking a bite of his cone, the ice cream already finished "We can do that whole affection thing, me holdin' you in my lap as we cuddle or holdin' you're hand as we walk or even you hangin' onto my arm"

Looking away Pony flushed brightly and hid his face in his own elbow, he'd never had a first kiss before but having it wil Dally suddenly didn't seem so horrible. "I ain't never had a kiss before"

"Alright then, I won't be pushin' ya. When you're ready just like we'll make a signal up or somethin' I don't know fully yet" Reaching over he ruffled the auburn teens hair with a crooked smile, watching as he quickly finished his ice cream, cone and all.

Putting his hands behind his head Pony let out a hum "If I hook you're pinky with mine then i'm ready, if I hook you're pinky with my index I need ya to slow down"

"Sounds set then, anythin' else ya want to discuss bout this?" Propping himself up on his elbows Dally looked over at the younger grease again

"I'm not too sure, uh I know sometimes Soda wants to go sleepover with Steve but doesn't causa me, I still got my own room if ya wanna come over or somethin'" Flushing up again this time Pony knew he was blushing up to his ears by how hot they felt.

Feeling a laugh bubble Dallas held it down and decided to nod instead, almost blushing himself from the amount of times he's laughed so far this morning alone. "Sounds fair, the only thing left is we tellin' the gang bout this or lettin' them think it's real"

"Let them think it's real, we both know Two-Bit doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut" Both laughing at the true statement Pony turned to look at Dally.

"So kid, should we start this datin' now?" Rolling to lay back on his back he lifted his arm for Pony to move over if he wanted to. Ignoring the small feeling of joy that ran through the both of them as the auburn teen moved to rest his head on the olders chest.

With his head rested on Dally's chest Pony realized how slim but broad it was, something he'd only taken partial glances at before. The way his jean jacket had been moved out the way as not to be uncomfortable under his cheek, and the way his strong arm wrapped around him to hold him close. Warmth radiated from Dallas, something that made the younger realize why he wasn't so afraid to hand over his warm leather jacket to the teen who was always cold and always forgot his own coat.

Curling into the taller teens side Pony sighed contently, though he'd never admit it he loved human contact. The feeling of cuddling with his brother, or the rough housing with Two-Bit. Even him and Johnny used to cuddle up together, once and a while hauling up in his old room in a sleepover. He hadn't even realized he was tired till he felt the familiar hold of sleep.

Glancing down at the eased out breathing of Pony the brunette let out a huff type laugh. To him it was a wonder Pony hadn't caught his death with how easily he went to sleep in the vacant lot, at least this time he was wrapped in a jacket. He could still remember the night Pony had run to Bucks, coughing and shivering. Soaked to the bone and crying about Johnny being dead. Dally had pulled the shaking teen up to his room and got him into a dry shirt before he got him talkin.

Had to convince him to call the cops and let him know what happened, claiming to have stumbled across the scene instead of a witness so the fuzz wouldn't take him away. Once the call was made Dally rang Darry and let him know what was happening. Telling him Pony was staying the night with him cause he passed out on his bed, which was only half the truth. The youngest Curtis was still awake when he had called Darry, but not long after he had fallen asleep after he had begged Dally not to leave him to sleep alone.

Feeling the teen in his side, Dally knew two things, he was almost as cold as that night and that if Pony was always this shaky in his sleep he never wanted to let him sleep alone. Falling asleep himself curled around the auburn haired teen.

Hours later when the sun was starting to lower in the sky and the temp accordingly the two woke. Pony the first to rowse and shiver, curling into Dally's side seeking his seemingly ever giving warmth. After a few minutes of remaining cold the younger teen sat up and shook the older.

"Dally wake up, I'm cold. Let's go someplace, or home"

With a groggy groan Dallas rubbed his face and propped up on his elbows "Alright alright I'm up quit shakin' me"

Moving to sit up the brunette shrugged off his jean jacket and tossed it at Pony as well. Standing and pulling the shorter male up he rolled his shoulders.
"Alright we're are we goin'?"

"I don't know, but I'm cold" Pulling on the jean jacket then pulling the leather back on over it he shrugged

"It's why I gave you my jacket, we could sneak into the movies, theatre or drive in. I don't know what time it is so maybe you're house is empty to go cuddle on the couch"

Shrugging again Pony grabbed Dally's hand and started to walk "Let's go to my house, it's cold and you're warm"

"Using me as a heater now are ya?" Chuckling he followed the younger grease down the road to the Curtis house, Darry's truck not outside and the front door is shut for once.

Pulling the older inside Pony sighed at the warmth, turning on the tv on his way to grab the small space heater from the closet. Setting it up and cranking it on high he brought blankets back with him as he dragged Dally to the couch.

"You get needy when you're cold huh Pony?" Wrapping his arms around the teen in his lap under all the blankets.

"Shush, it's cold, you're warm. You're my boyfriend now so deal with it"

Chuckling heartedly Dally rested his chin on Ponyboy's shoulder the two settled into watching whatever was playing on the tv. The two content to drift back to sleep in the warmth of the house.

~~~~~~~~~~
Word Count - 1256