Ch.6 Night Terrors & Moms Recipe

Dishes that night ended in a soap fight, the pair hitting each other with the drying towel and the one from the stove. Blowing dish bubbles at each other off spoons or even their own hands, both wearing wet shirts by the end of dishes.

Heading up to the bedroom when the task of dishes where finally done Dally was the first there, gathering his clothes for a shower. When he'd talked to Darry earlier in the day he knew that him and Pony would be sharing a room, which he had no issue with, he was just glad that Pony had set it up that way and he didn't have to ask and or remind.

If Pony did have nightmares or such it would be easier to deal with it if he was right next to him not rooms away. He'd heard from Soda that the youngest Curtis had a habit to hit when he was in that state of distress.

Entering the en suite bathroom Dally started the shower and let out a sigh. After driving for most the day his shoulders ached and those bruised ribs didn't help much either. Lifting his shirt with a groan he noticed the external bruising wasn't that visible, but the one on his cheek and jaw had bloomed into a reddish purple.

Stepping into the stream of hot water he heard Pony enter the bathroom. Keeping an ear out incase he needed something but other than that the older teen wasn't that worried. Most of the gang showered at the Curtis house, specially him and Johnny who had no place at home, so the never locked or almost never closed bathroom door was no issue to him.

"Hey Dal?"

Rinsing his hair he shouted back "Yeah Pone? Ya need somethin'?"

"This whole fake datin' thing, is that why you brought me out here when I asked? To keep up fronts?" Looking in the mirror at the cut on his cheek the shorter male glanced over at the shower

Grabbing his wash cloth Dally shook his head though he knew Pony couldn't see it "Nah, I knew weither I brought you out here or ya came on your own you'd get out if ya needed it. 'Sides it's better if i'm here with ya"

"How so? I can take care of myself"

"Didn't say you couldn't, just said it's better if I'm here with ya, that way I can keep Darry off your back if he tries callin'" Rinsing off he turned the water off "Hand me a towel will ya Pony?"

Tossing a towel over the top of the shower Pony ran a wet brush through his hair "Hey Dally?"

"Yeah kid?"

Looking at him through the mirror as he exited the shower towel around his waist, feeling his ears going hot "Do you like my hair better greased or ungreased?"

"Ungreased, It curls at the ends when it's left alone. Shows that pretty red color to, like lookin at that Cheerwine soda Two-Bit brought us when he came back from visitin family" Grabbing a hand towel to dry his hair Dally bumped Pony with his hip to move him so he had room in the mirror too

"You don't grease your hair Dally, why?"

"Don't like the feelin of it, makes my head feel heavy and stiff. Can't run my hands through it either. What's all this bout Pony?" Looking down at the smaller teen he tilted his head, waiting for an answer as the other grabbed his toothbrush

"Was thinkin' I'd stop greasin' it, I didn't today and I liked it better" Sticking the toothbrush in his mouth he brushed harshly, trying to figure out his own thoughts and feelings. Like the butterflies in his stomach when Dally said he liked his hair down and ungreased.

Grabbing his own toothbrush the brunette started to brush, talking with the brush half out of his mouth "Brush that hard you'll make ya gums bleed"

Finishing the task and heading back to the bedroom the two ready for bed, Pony slipping on sleep pants while Dally dressed in gray sweats. Climbing into bed back to back the pair clicked off the lamps on the bedside tables.