Chapter 8: Within The Walls

Y/N: "...Ta-da..."

CRACK! CRACK! CRACK!

As if Mirabel and Y/N's situation wasn't bad enough, louder, bigger, and darker cracks ripple from where Mirabel and Y/N stood to all over the room.

This somehow causes each Madrigal's powers to fritz and spasm. The ground cracks under Isabela who accidentally shoots a bunch of vines directly into Mariano's face due to shock.

Pepa's storm cloud opens up, unleashing a torrent of water onto the whole table. As animals race out, they blow open the windows where we can see the whole town out front, ready to celebrate.

Said townsfolk lose all hope, once they noticed the chaos that was erupting inside of La Casa Madrigal...

- A Bit Later -

The Guzmans storm out of La Casa Madrigal and into the courtyard, dodging more chaos and animals with Abuela Alma in tow. You and Mirabel follow them, your grandmother, Lola, not far behind.

Abuela: "Señora, por favor!"

Mirabel: "Abuela, please-! There's gotta be an explanation!" Mirabel calls out to her grandmother, as you follow right behind.

Isabela then stomps past you and Mirabel. "I hate you!" Isabela dramatically exclaims.

Y/N: "Y-You don't hate me, right?" You nervously ask, only to be mean mugged by Mirabel.

Luisa races past the two of you, sobbing.

Luisa: "Ahh, I'm a loser!" She cries.

Agustin: "Luisa!"

Pepa runs out, her weather going crazy.

Pepa: "Mirabel, Y/N, what did you do?!" Pepa yells, as more cracks ripple through the house.

Y/N: "We didn't do anything! It's Bruno's vision! It's..." You try to explain to defend both you and Mirabel, not wanting to make the same mistake as before.

Mirabel's eyes trail to a green light moving on the ground... It's... A shard of the vision!

You follow her eyes to see that it's being carried by a rat. Then, there are dozens of rats, each one of them taking the shards from the dining room and racing up the balcony.

Abuela Alma chases after Abuela Guzman and Mariano.

Abuela: "The magic is strong! Everything is fine! We are the Madrigals!" The Guzmans leave La Casa Madrigal, as Abuela slams the front door shut.

Abuela: "Mirabel, Y/N!"

Y/N: "Mira, let's scram!" You reason as the two of you chase after the rat to avoid Abuela Alma.

- Later -

Lightning flashes and thunder rumbles as you and Mirabel pursue the wet rats holding the shards of the vision along the upper walkway.

But as soon as the two of you turn the corner... They're gone.

Y/N: "Dang it!"

Mirabel: "Shh!"

A noise... The two of you then instantly spot a single rat tail disappearing through an opening under a large painting.