Chapter 2

Once in the cafeteria, Zeke, Shauna, Christina, Tori, Will, Uriah, Lynn, and Marlene are all looking at me and Tobias expectantly. We told them to meet us here a couple days after we found out I was pregnant.

"So?? Spill the beans." blurts Zeke

Tobias and I look at each other as a way to ask who should tell them.

"Um, guys, seriously, don't freak out... I'm pregnant. We found out two days ago." I tell them.

All the girls squeal and shriek, except for Tori. Tori just sits there and smiles like crazy and laughs at all the other girls' squealing. I tell them to shut up, or all of Dauntless will know.

"WHAT!??? I'M GOING TO BE AN UNCLE!?!??"  Zeke hollers.

"No, Zeke, you're not." Tobias replies with a pointed look at Zeke.

"Aww, man come on. You know we're like brothers." says Zeke.

"No." Tobias and I reply at the same time.

"Wait... Tris, how are you going to train the initiates if you're pregnant?" Marlene inquiries.

"You know, I can do most of the training except for the last few two months or so. It might be a bit difficult, but, hey, I'm Dauntless." I laugh. This gets an eye roll from pretty much everybody at the table.

The next day

Today is choosing day. We've decided to keep our relationship rather professional, that way initiates don't bother us or think that we're doing something anytime we leave. We hear the screams from an initiate falling toward the hidden net. I lean forward to help them off of the net. I see that it is a girl from Amity.

"What's your name?" I ask the scared girl. "You get one chance to change who you are, it's a lot more than just a name, trust me."

She hesitates. I can tell that she doesn't want to use her real name, just like I didn't want to go by Beatrice when I jumped.

"Cici," she says.

Four yells "First jumper, Cici!"

The Dauntless all whoop and cheer behind us.

This year we have 13 transfers, 15 Dauntless Born. 2 from Abnegation, 5 from Erudite 3 Amity, and 3 from Candor.

Once all the initiates have jumped I say "I am Six and this is Four."

I am interrupted by a boy from Candor. "Wait, like the numbers?"

"Yes, like the numbers. You got a problem with that?" Four asks him.

"No." he replies, turning redder than a tomato.

"Dauntless-borns, follow me. I assume you don't need a tour of the place." Christina says with a smirk on her face as she and Uriah walk out.

"First things first. For the next few months, you will be training to become a full fledged member of Dauntless. In the end, you will be ranked. We used to cut the lowest ranking ones, but now we only do that if you're too cruel." Four says.

"You will be trained and tested in three different stages. First stage will be strength and fighting. Second stage will be facing your fears. Third stage will be going through your fear landscape. Any questions?" I ask. They all shake their heads.

"I think you scared them half to death" Four whispers in my ear, making me double over in laughter.

Two weeks later

I'm still throwing up every morning. Tobias is really overprotective of me. Christina and I hear some whispering as we walk to the cafeteria. I hold up a hand, signaling for her to stop walking. I text her to go ahead, walk slowly, and listen.

"Man, that Six chick is..." one of the initiates, Adonijah, tells someone, but stops abruptly when he catches sight of Chris.

"Is what? Finish that sentence." She asks him.

"You know what I mean." he says, cheeks reddening.

"No, I don't" she replies bluntly

"She's hot." he says simply.

At this point Chris is fuming, and looks seconds away from killing him.

"I want to ask her out. Hook up with her..."

"I don't think you do." she says warningly.

"You don't know me."

"If you do, her husband will no doubt kill you, without hesitation." She tells him.

"Husband?! SHE'S MARRIED?!?!" He hollers.

Now, I come out of the shadows. "Yes, I am. And so will my brother, if he ever finds out. And Chris, here, for that matter. Not to mention myself." I say menacingly.

"Pft. I doubt it." he says snarkily.

Me and Christina look at each other, as if giving each other a silent signal, and start moving toward him slowly, menacingly.

"You might think differently if you knew who my husband is."

"I don't think so." he says calmly, but his eyes say differently.

This whole thing is hysterical to me and Chris. I can see that she's barely holding in laughter. I call Tobias and tell him about the situation, and ask him if I can tell him. He says yes.

"Okay, I asked my husband if I could tell you this. My husband is Four." I tell Adonijah. His eyes get so wide I have to suppress laughter. Then he scurries away.

"I can't believe you're married to that cold, secluded man." the girl next to me pipes up. I almost forgot that she was here. She was the one Adonijah was talking to.

"What's your name? I don't think I've met you before." Christina asks her.

"Eva," she replies instantly then rolls her eyes and walks away.

"Welp, you still wanna go get lunch, and help me shop for maternity clothes?" I ask Christina, thinking Eva is out of earshot.

"YOUR PREGNANT?!" Eva says, as she whirls around.

"Yes, now shut it. I don't want all of Dauntless to know. Don't say anything, or I swear I will make your life a living hell."

Eva turns on her heel and walks out briskly. I turn to a very excited Christina.

"Of COURSE I want to get lunch and help you shop. If anyone asks, we'll say they are for me." Christina says.

I laugh, and we start walking towards the shops.