Chapter 5: Red Marks

Damien Blueblood Point Of View

"Alright, we have both the saddles and everything else we need let's get out of here before I beat that kid's arse. " I basically call the young vendor out again and turn back around to knock some sense into the gold digger, but Krys grabs my shoulder and turns me around walking me towards the exit of the market. That kid deserves to rot.

"Pry come on he is just trying to make a living you have to calm down. At least we have the saddles and time to stop to sleep." Krys tries to make me feel better by rubbing up and down my arms. Her small hands barely containing my anger, but in the end I give into her touch and let myself relax.

The spotted fox stood in front of the gates again, this time blocking the exit. His stocky face looks up at us, the silver teeth flashing with a smile.

"Well Riders! Did you have a good visit to Craghorn?" Krys steps in front of me and smiles.

"Yes we did Stout, are we able to cross? We must really be going." Krys tries to walk forward to get around the fox, but Stout just raises his head higher looking around her to me.

"Tsk, calm down sweetheart. I have yet to speak to your companion. Tell me, did you find what you are looking for?" The fox backs up watching me closely.

"We found it all, yes thank you."

"No, I asked did you find what you're looking for?" Stout snaps at Krys when she tries so cross which causes her to let out a huff and cross her arms waiting for me to get done with the evil fox. I watch the enchanted trees start to shift, a branch moving from the dirt.

"No, I did not find my mate in the market."

"Such a liar." With a small jump in the air the fox vanished. Krys and I look at each other, both bewildered at the foxes unheard of ability. She clicks her tongue, the tree laying back flat against the dirt, "And to think they say magic is dead. Come on, ignore that spotted weasel."

"That surprised me as well."

My words are monotone, just a response to her comment to keep things from being awkward between us. My throat becomes thick his words shoving their way through me, Liar. That's exactly what I am. Every moment that I stand here with Krys is another moment that she is being deceived. It didn't seem important to be honest with her, but everyone around me knows my truth, how could the person that claims to have my back not know the truth? How can I say I care for her, even think such things, but continue to lie to her?

Every breath that escapes my lips can be felt, almost overpowering my lungs. Have I ever passed out? Am I about to?Krys stops walking and turns to approach me slowly. Her hands stayed raised attempting to calm me down.

Is this a panic attack?

"Hey Pry-" My ears turn deaf. Pry of course, the main title of my lie, the beginning. My breathing halts, my hands shake, her gaze the only thing that brings me back to center.

"I am okay, just had a moment."

"Do you have these often? Usually, it helps to sit down, and drink water afterword's." Krys tries to drag me to a nearbyboulder. I hold my hand up stopping her, she frowns in return.

"No, I am okay let's get to Hound and Frenasia."

Krysian Yelt Point of View

The dragons get up slowly bored to see us, both seeming to give us a glare because as we interrupt their sunset nap. Now running, I steal a saddle from Pry getting close to Frenasia. My excitement overtakes me, throwing the saddle over her and hooking it under her wings. Faster than I thought I put everything in the side pocket that we collected and jumped on waiting on Pryton to get on Hound. Frenasia grumbles in happiness, her large head turning to greet me. I scratch between her eyes, her back foot shaking lightly from the pleasure.