Chapter 10: Burn Ointment

Damien Blueblood Point of View

Daniel runs over to the desk grabbing the black box to move it to the floor. Waving me over, I speed walk laying her gently across the top of the desk.

"Where is the healer?" I mutter and look around and Daniel gives me a weird look.

"I am the healer." Daniel frowns and turns toward Krysian looking her over once more. He turns back to the black box and unclasp the clips letting it fly open and out with it came a putrid smell, "Sorry about the smell, frog's breath tends to stink up everything."

Neither the fox nor I said anything in response trying to keep our mouths shut. It was almost immediately after he clasped it back that the stench left the room.

"Isn't the healer supposed to be a woman?" My voice is quiet. He ignores me for a minute mixing together some ingredients into a grey mush. Raising his hand over it, he mumbles an incantation, a slight glow coming over the mixture before spreading it over her burns.

He waits a minute and then turns to me with a scowl, "And to think I thought of you as intelligent when you first visited just two days ago. The healer that your dragon spoke of is me. I am not a female, but many think of me to be when I go Alie."

The man places a hand on his waist and throws out his hip while pursuing his lips. My eyebrows raise in alarm.

"You go by Alie?" I mutter and he rolls his eyes turning back to Krys. He grabs another set ingredient, these rounds taking on a gold color. He runs it over her skin before whispering something in old tongue.

Alie grabs my arm, him biting his lip looking over her. Every blister and bump on her beautiful face started to fade and shimmer away back into her skin leaving her perfect tan in its place. Alie turns to me and winks playfully happy that his healing worked, I couldn't withhold myself from hugging him pulling the small snake whisper into my chest.

"Now here comes the fun part, would you like me to remove her memories of this and replace it with a nasty head fall caused by her own clumsiness, or would you like her to keep her memory of you burning her alive." He moves to her head and places both of his hands on the either side of her temples. He looks up to me awaiting my response.

"That is not my place to decide."

"Why of course it is! It is a simple memory swap-" He tries to persuade me, I raise my hand silencing him.

"This is something that she needs to know. I don't believe taking away her memories would put us in any better place than we found ourselves in now."

"Won't she hate you for cooking her Prince Damien?"

I take a long, deep breath and look him dead in the eyes, "I would much rather her hate me while knowing the truth than love me while being lied to."

Daniel raises both of his hands up in surrender and Stout tilts his head to the side watching me curiously, "Alright fine, I won't touch her memories, but I must get my mate. He will assist me in the final set of spells to insure her healing properly."

I nod my head and he runs out of the tent leaving me and the fox to speak. "That was noble of you Prince Damien." Stout flashes his silver teeth and I give him a long-tired look.

"Congrats, you found out. I am Royalty." The fox smiles lightly and runs next to Krysian on the opposite side of me.

"Oh," He cackles licking over his teeth falling back on his haunches, "I knew all along my dear friend, but I rather enjoy playing games. How was the fire show might I ask?"