Lost, Part 2

Hey guys! Here's the new chapter. Enjoy!

P.S. I do not own the song.

Spirit's POV

Okay, I'm not sure how much longer I can keep this up. 

I'm wandering through the forest surrounding Ponyville, and I'm about to pass out! I'm just so tired, I was getting used to going to sleep early in Canterlot...and my nice comfy bed...

No! Don't think about that! Bad Spirit!

I've heard familiar voices yelling from close by multiple times since sunrise, calling my name. It seems Celestia has notified the Mane Six about my disappearance. I probably would've been caught already if it weren't for my animal friends. They've been showing me around the forest, and thanks to them, I've found a few good hiding places! 

At first, I had been a little hesitant to trust them, seeing as Fluttershy can talk to animals, but they seem to be more loyal to me than her. They just want me to be safe, and if I don't want to be found by that nosy group of ponies, they won't reveal my location. 

I made sure to find some nice treats for them when they told me this. 

Anyway, I'm now in a less heavily forested area, though there are still abundant trees to hide behind. 

As I walk, I feel the area becoming almost...familiar. It's strange, almost like I've been here...before...

Approaching a clearing, the sight before me reveals why this area feels familiar. 

About fifteen feet away from me, standing proudly, is a treehouse. 

Specifically, the treehouse used by the Cutie Mark Crusaders, the little sisters of several of the Mane Six. 

...

I'M OUT! 

Turning on my hooves, I gallop out of there. I just got out of the palace in Canterlot, I'm not getting caught again because of a few fillies!

The trees blur together as I get farther away from the clearing, my animal friends running after me. 

I don't know how far I run before I hear several screams from somewhere close by. The sound startles me, and I skid to a stop, looking in the direction of the screams. I look towards one of the bunnies standing closest to me, "what was that?"

The bunny, I'll call him snowy, shrugs apologetically. Hearing more screams from the same direction, I sigh, scuffing my hoof against the ground. 

"Damn it," I utter, "why do things like this happen to me?"

I turn and rush towards the sound, ignoring everything else around me. I'll just handle whatever this is, then go back to hiding. Should be easy!

Ugh. I just jinxed myself, didn't I?

Arriving at the scene, I take a moment to survey the area. 

Three young fillies, orange, white, and yellow, are facing down a large, angry grizzly bear. 

I recognize those fillies. 

I totally jinxed myself. 

I briefly wonder if the Crusaders will be okay without me, but when the grizzly raises a paw, and the fillies make no move to run, I'm forced to act. 

I charge in front of the trio, facing the bear and lowering my head so my horn points warningly at the animal. Addressing the ponies behind me, I turn my head slightly toward them without taking my eyes off the bear.