Chapter 4 -- "Jealousy?.."

┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ꕥ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈

[ FRIDAY ]

- Your POV -

Another long day of school, how great.

I do love to learn, but school looks and is like literal hell to me. 

I ran to my locker to get my textbook and my notebook out before English class.

Before I could get to my locker, I bumped into someone walking the opposite direction from me. 

"Damn, be careful next time you idiot" Ray said as I looked up to realize it was him. "Why are you running?"

"No reason-" I stood up, dusting my clothes from the floor dirt.

"Tell me." Ray said coldly, while opening his notebook. I assume he was checking if he did his homework.

"I wanted to get to my locker quickly, so I could get my notebook and textbook early" I sighed as I look down the floor.

"Okay, why would you hide it from me though?" Ray questioned me, with him leaning his back on the wall.

"Well cause it's not important" I said, crossing my arms as well.

"Uh, It is to me. You could trip and hurt yourself from running." Ray said.

"Woah so protective, Ray" I teased and laughed.

"Whatever. I better head to class, see you" Ray said, then left.

I walked to my locker and got my notebook and textbook for my class, then I walked all the way to my classroom.

Luckily, I was just in time! 

I'm usually late for English class, since I always forget to get my textbook and notebook. 

Plus, my locker is far away from the classroom.

[ After class ... ]

During class, Don passed me a note that said "Wanna hangout after Math class for a while?". I was in the mood for hangouts so obviously I said yes.

I saw Ray in front of his locker, getting something. 

I decided to approach him and tell him if he wants to come with me and Don's hangout.

But of course, I had to inform him about the hangout first.

"Hey Ray!" I greeted, walking his way.

"You seem happy" Ray smiled, seeming happy that I'm happy.

"Yeah! Don asked me on a hangout Math class!" I said, smiling.

Ray smile slowly faded a little, but he was still smiling, just a bit.

"Oh, cool" Ray said, turning back to his locker and grabbed the thing he was gonna get.

"Soooo, do you want to come?" I asked.

"Nah, I'm good." Ray said coldly.

What's up with him? He was so smiley and happy a few seconds ago.