002

"WHAT?" asked juno. she was sitting at her lunch table waiting for robin, when dustin and mike walked up to her to ask her if she wanted to be in their last dungeons and dragons campaign, as lucas wouldn't be able to attend the last once due to the championship game later that evening.

"oh my god, will you fill in lucas's spot in our last d&d campaign?" mike asked again, noticeably getting frustrated with the girl. juno furrowed her eyebrows.

"why would i want to do that?" she replied flatly. mike and dustin groaned, "just this once. i'll never ask you for anything again. please." mike begged, and juno almost thought he seemed upset that she wouldn't say yes.

"i'll think about it. also, you better buy me a new walkman before you leave for california or i will never let you borrow any of my stuff ever again."

mike gulped. "how do you know about the walkman?" juno looked him in the eye and was silent for a moment, "i just do."

mike sighed before walking away with dustin by his side. the sound of a plastic tray hitting the metal table caught juno's attention. "jo, do you think vickie might like girls?" robin starts quickly, not giving juno a chance to say anything about hard robin had put down her tray.

"i don't know, maybe?" she sighed before continuing, "can we please talk about something else other than vickie, just for today?"

"fine, juno, since you don't want to talk about my love life," robin started, "you never seem to have anything going on in the love department, is there anyone who you've ever possibly been interested in?"

juno looked around the room, making sure she's had a good look at everyone before her eyes landed on a specific person. eddie munson, shocker. they had only interacted once that day, and only talked a handful amount of times, but that didn't stop juno from thinking. "no, no one. i'm an independent woman." she joked.

"mmm, okay. anyway, are you going to the basketball game tonight?" the dirty blonde girl changes the subject, knowing she won't be able to get anything out of the girl.

"yeah, i have nothing else to do anyway."

↢ ❦ ↣

AS JUNO walks into the school gym for the second time that day, the sound of cheering and the roaring of the crowd filled her ears. she looked around for a while before finding steve, and then walking over to his spot on the bleachers. "hey, steve."

"oh, hey j. you got here right on time, the game's about to begin." as soon as steve finished his sentence, the loud blow of an air horn that caught the attention of juno. she turned her head to see the hawkins basketball team running into the court, and the sound of the marching band as well as the sound of the hawkins cheer squad as the player line up in a single file line. "everyone please rise for our national anthem. singing for us tonight is a very special guest. all the way from nashville, our very own tammy thompson!"

"holy shit, isn't that the girl that robin had a huge crush on last year?" juno asked steve, who's mouth was wide open in surprise while looking at robin, who had the same expression as him.

"yeah, she's the one who sounded like a muppet." steve replied, now looking at tammy. juno couldn't help but hold in a laugh as tammy started singing.