007

JUNO FELT a strong sense of warmth when she woke up the following morning. when she came to her senses, she realized that eddie had somehow wrapped his arms around her body sometime when they were asleep.

the girl didn't mind. ever since their long conversation the night before, she felt closer to eddie, and didn't mind him sleeping with her in his arms.

but she couldn't go back to sleep. so she slowly unwrapped eddie's arms from her body and went to the counter where she had left her bag the night before, and pulled out one of her favorite books, the outsiders. ever since her mom had bought it for her when she was 16, she never got tired of it.

she only read a couple pages when she heard a loud sound come from outside the boathouse. eddie jumped from his resting place and juno quickly got up from where she was previously sitting.

juno looked over eddie's shoulder while resting one of her hands on his other shoulder to keep herself balanced. before she could process what she might have possible saw from the window, the door to the building was opened with a loud bang, scaring the two young adults.

"delivery service." juno and eddie let out a sight of relief as steve waved at both juno and eddie.  juno stuck up her middle finger in response, still shaken up by the previous events.

juno and eddie shared a box of cereal as dustin started speaking, mostly to eddie, "so we've got good news and bad news. how do you prefer it?"

eddie responded quickly, "bad news first, always."

"alright, bad news. we tapped into the hawkins PD dispatch with our cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you. also, they're pretty convinced you killed chrissy."

max added, "like 100% kinda convinced."

"and the good news?"

robin spoke up, "you're name hasn't gone public yet. but if we found out about you, it's a matter of time before they do. and once that gets out, everyone and their shallow-minded mother is gunning for you."

eddie sighed, "hunt the freak, right?" he looked at robin. "exactly."

dustin started again, "so, before that happens, we need to find vecna, kill him, and prove your innocence."

"that's all, dustin, that's all?" eddie said sarcastically.

"yeah, that's pretty much it."

"listen eddie," robin began, "i know everything dustin is saying sounds totally delusional, but we've actually been through this before. i mean- they have, a few times, and i have once. mine was more human flesh-based, and theirs was more smoke-related, but bottom line is, collectively, i really feel we got this."

"yeah, see we usually rely on juno and this girl who has super powers. but uh, those went bye-bye and juno's- i don't know what happened to juno's, so uh.."

"so we're technically in more of a.."

"kinda.."

"brainstorming phase."

everyone nodded their head in agreement, "brainstorming."

"there's nothing to worry about." steve scoffed while juno rolled her eyes.

the sound of a police siren filled juno's ears as robin said, "tarp. tarp." everyone got up to see what was happening outside as eddie hid beneath the tarp. multiple police cars and one ambulance drove by the boathouse.

eventually the group left once again, leaving juno and eddie by themselves again. juno took out her book before sitting with her back on the side of the boat. "what are you reading?" eddie asked curiously.

"the outsiders," she responded, looking at the boy who sat himself down beside the girl.

"i've never of heard of that book before."

juno looked at him in disbelief, "you've never heard of the outsiders? ever?"

eddie shook his head, before leaning closer to her, "how about you read it to me? there's nothing else to do anyway."

"juno smiled, "i don't know," she said sarcastically, "i'm getting kind of tired."

"oh come on, just one chapter?"

juno sighed over-exaggeratedly, "fine."

↢ ❦ ↣

AUTHOR'S NOTE !
stfu i just thought of a huge plot twist i could do holy shit

anyway go follow my tiktok @ purqlestars bc i'm going to post lots of edits on there !!!

(edited !)