Chapter-6

"Principal Kobayakawa, I implore you to reconsider."

"That's not going to happen, Mae-kun. Now this is the last I want to ever hear of this."

It was the next day and Night had decided to take his photo evidence to the principal. Makoto had agreed and thought it to be an ideal solution, as the police would be more inclined to believe the principal of a school over a few kids.

Although now, it was turning out to be a terrible idea.

"Sir, we can't just ignore this! A teacher attempted to ra-"

The tubby principal slammed his fist on the desk with a loud thud.

"Enough! I don't want to hear any more of this! An attempt means nothing, either he did... commit these acts, or he didn't. The police can do nothing about an attempt!" The man yelled, unintentionally getting spittle on Night's face. "And how am I supposed to know this is a photo of an actual student, hm? This could just be some type of cosplay for all I know."

Night felt his body begin to shake. "Why is this asshole defending him! I even told him he assaulted me past the point of self-defense. That alone should have his teaching license revoked!"

"Sir..." He was breathing heavily, and his cracked ribs were beginning to flare in pain. "I know the student that was attacked. She asked me to bring this to you. Please..." he was begging at this point, the only way it could get more pathetic was if he began to grovel on the floor.

The tubby principal sighed. "Unless this "student" wants to come forward and tell me herself, there's nothing I can do." He waved a dismissive hand in the direction of his door. "Now, please leave. I have more important matters to handle." He looked down and began doing some type of paperwork, not paying Night anymore attention.

The young teenager felt his vision begin to narrow as his anger continued to rise. He had thought he had seen the worst in people back in Korea, but apparently he was wrong.

"Com'on! Let's beat his ass! Please~!" He heard the spectral version of himself whisper-shout into his ear, and he had to admit, it was tempting. But...

"Do you ever shut up?" He snapped at the spectre, who just grinned and shrugged his shoulders.

"Hm? Did you say something?" Night turned his head back to the principal, who was looking up at him with a questioning gaze. "Oh shit, I said that out loud?! I don't think he was paying attention to me though." He suppressed his anger momentarily to deliver a nervous smile.

"No, I'm going now. Sorry for wasting your time, Sir." He finished with a snarky tone, quickly going to exit the principal's office.

He slammed the office door, his anger returning as quickly as he suppressed it. His body began shaking again. "Why!? Why the hell is he ignoring this?!" He felt his body shake.

"Uh oh, do you think he lost it?"

"I'm surprised it wasn't the criminal that lost his cool first"

He heard the whispers of the other students, and while he was never affected by them before, his anger at the current situation made him want to snap on the people around him.

Night decided to make his way up the roof to spare the students his anger. He practically ran up the stairs and slammed the door, sliding down it and bringing his knees into his chest. He wanted to scream, shout, hit something, even cry in anger. But, he just couldn't. He wouldn't allow himself, instead settling on breathing heavily as if he had just run 10 kilometers, causing his injuries to yet again flare up in pain.