A Fanfiction of Your Fanfiction

Ah, the irritation.

If you have a popular fanfiction (20 parts with 20k+ reads), or a fanfiction in general, this is one of the worst possible mistakes.

Imagine a fanfic on...

Let's say, Twilight. You don't have to know anything about it, it's just an example of media that people write fanfictions on.

For example; your story is a fairly popular fanfiction on Twilight. A human girl who falls for one of the Werewolves. Let's call her Lisa, and the story 'Werewolf is Bae'.

That's all good and well. It's cliché, popular.

THEN, Werewolf is Bae is over. Before you publish the sequel, Vampire is Hater, you come out with a new book.

On the last chapter of Werewolf is Bae, you advertise it. "OMG NEW BOOK COMING OUT GUYS. IT WILL BE CALLED "MY WEREWOLF" AND IT WILL HAVE ALL YOUR FAVOURITE CHARACTERS FROM THIS STORY LIKE LISA."

LIKE LISA.

ALL YOUR FAVOURITE CHARACTERS.

FROM THE STORY.

No. NO!

You DO NOT write a fanfiction OF your fanfiction. Rewriting your own story, with an additional character is wattpad fanfiction suicide.

An author has done this with a Young Justice fanfiction. This author pretty much rewrote their story, but added a new character.

I am not referring to people who write a separate story about a background OC from a different book.

I mean literally sitting there, with your story open in one tab, and your new book opened in another, TYPING the EXACT same thing from the point of view of someone who was NOT even there.

As per usual; example.

-____-______-__________-_____________________-

Scene from Werewolf is Bae.

"I want to thank everyone for being here for my birthday today," I smile, looking around at all of my friends.

Everyone cheers and begins eating cake. I take my drink and sit on Embry's lap, kissing his cheek and watching everyone have fun.

Quill, Seth, Jared, Leah, Jake, Sam and Paul are here. Just the nine of us. All of the others begin playing 'duck duck goose'. Embry and I watch.

-____________________-

Scene from My Werewolf.

"I want to thank everyone for being here for my birthday today," Lisa smiles, looking around at the ten of us.

I cheer along with everyone else, before grabbing a cupcake. "Maria, come here," Seth says. I smile and sit on his lap, across from Embry and Lisa.

The others sit down and begin playing 'duck duck goose'. But not Seth and I, or Embry and Lisa.

-____-______-__________-_____________________-

See what I mean? Repetitive. Like One Direction coming out with a parody of What Makes You Beautiful.

Your story should be great on its own. You shouldn't need to rewrite it from the point of a NEW CHARACTER.

If Lisa had a best friend who is an OC, writing a story about her is fine. However it should not have Lisa in it. It should be purely about the best friend.

Lastly; Kaido, are you guilty of this?

Almost did it once. Managed to stop myself. (Putting Hana in The Outsiders)

Love you all, stay magical!

-Kaido Xx