41

Heeseung stepped slowly to Youra's ward. He sighed heavily when he looked at Youra's face. He missed her so much. In his mind, he just wanted to run to her and hug her tightly, but he couldn't. He assumed that Youra hated him so much.

"Ni-ki?"

 Heeseung returned to his gaze and tilted his head towards Youra. He stepped slowly towards Youra with mixed feelings.

"Hey, Ni-ki. Sit here. " She tapped her bed slowly as a sign to let Heeseung, who he thought was Ni-ki, sit next to her. As Ni-ki had already booked her the VIP ward, the bed was quite large enough to make two people lie down on it.

Heeseung sat next to her hesitantly. His hand was on its way to caress her hair when he stopped."

"No, Heeseung. Not now. "

"Ni-ki, I want to sleep first. Around 8 p.m., wake me up. Usually, Heeseung will call me at that time. Tsk, even though I didn't answer it, I still want to make sure that he's still keeping in touch with me."

She pulled the blanket over half of her body and shut her eyes.

Heeseung froze himself next to Youra.

He smiles. "Tsk, just say that you miss me, stupid."

Heeseung lay down next to her as he still felt tired these days. He shut his eyes until someone hugged his arm.

Heeseung bulged his eyes and tilted his head to her while slowly letting go of his arms from Youra's hug.

"I'm sorry, Ni-ki... I just can't sleep without hugging anything.. "

Heeseung blinked his eyes multiple times towards her.

"I-if you're not feeling comfortable, it's okay. Sorry. " She turns herself another way, which means her back is facing Heeseung right now.

"I wish Heeseung was here." She whispered to herself without noticing that her whisper was quite loud enough for Heeseung to hear it.

Youra flinched slightly.

He wrapped her hand around his and caressed it softly.

"T-thank you, Ni-ki."

"Hey, your hand is soft like Heeseung's, dude." She smiles and continues to shut her eyes again.

Heeseung just smiles, looking at her actions.

Suddenly, he felt something hot on his arms.

He frowned a little bit when he noticed the tears coming from Youra's eyes.

"I hate myself. Why can't I hate him? I already tried my best, but still. I can't do that..." She mumbled in pain.

"I can't fall in love with him. I must control this feeling. I bet that in his heart he still has Soojin... Plus, Soojin had just passed away. Maybe this hurt him more. "

"I'll try my best to throw away my feelings towards him."

"I hope he's the only one who can be my eyes. But, my expectations killed me."

After a few minutes, she fell asleep again with the tears at the corner of her eyes.

Heeseung wipes it with his thumbs and kisses her forehead silently.

"I love you too, sweetheart."

From outside the room, Ni-ki just smiles, looking at them through the glass window.

"At least she was happy." ______________________________________

Ni-ki and Heeseung wait at the waiting corner as the doctor settles their things with Youra in her ward. Youra must stay at the hospital for at least 14 days after her operation before the doctor can remove the bandage over her eyes.