Chapter 2

The new princess of Equestria, Twilight Sparkle, had just managed to go to sleep when she was awoken by a hooded pony tripping over Spike's tail. She then noticed what the pony was holding in her magic as she ran out of the room.

"My crown!" She yelled as she ran after the pony, waking her friends up. "She's got my crown! Stop! Thief! She's stolen my crown!"

Twilight tried to stop the pony by teleporting in front of them, but the pony also teleported to behind her except for their cloak. Twilight turned and saw a grey pony with a curly brown mane and tail. Her cutie mark was a swirly storm cloud with lightning coming out of it.

 Her cutie mark was a swirly storm cloud with lightning coming out of it

The grey pony smirked at her before running again. Twilight followed, running as fast as she could. She managed to tackle the pony into a dusty old room, full of artifacts. The tackle caused the crown to go bouncing off the walls, before it went flying, right through what looked like a magic mirror. Everypony gasped as the pony managed to push Twilight off her.

"What did you do with my crown?" Twilight angrily asked the grey mare.

She smirked at them as she teleported to the mirror and saluted them. "Sorry it had to be this way...Princess." She said before jumping through the mirror after the crown.

Fluttershy asked the question they were all wondering. "Who was that?"

The next morning saw Princess Celestia answering that question. "Stormy CloudSwirl," She explained. "She was once a student at my school. She used to be a sweet little pony, if a little spoiled. But then she did an ancestry spell, which revealed that she was a descendant of StarSwirl the Bearded."

"What?!" Twilight exclaimed, StarSwirl the Bearded was one of her idols. "She is? How have I not heard of her then?"

"Because, after she learned of her ancestry, she started to feel entitled. To the point, that she started to bully other ponies," Celestia calmed answered. "Eventually, I had to expel her when she used a dark spell on one of the younger ponies. I had hoped that she would redeem herself, but it seems she has become jealous of your new title, which led to her stealing your crown."

Spike held up a paper crown. "She replaced Twilight's with this one."

"I suppose Stormy CloudSwirl thought you wouldn't notice right away that this was not yours. And by the time you did, it would be too late to go after your crown and Element of Harmony," Celestia said looking at the fake crown.

"But I don't understand." Twilight said. "Where did she go? Where did she take the crown?"

"You'll soon know more about this place than even I do," Celestia replied as she led them back to the room where the mirror sat.

"This is no ordinary mirror," Luna said as she stood in front of it. "It is a gateway to another world. A gateway that opens once every thirty moons." She stopped Pinkie from falling into it when she tried to sneak a peek. "It has always been kept in the throne room of Canterlot Castle. But when Princess Cadance took over the Crystal Empire, we sent it here for her to watch over."